Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to access sportbikes.net using my ISP's DNS entries for the server. However, I can access it using other DNS servers abound. This tells me a change has been made recently which hasn't propagated down to my provider.

Just wanting to confirm.

Name: sportbikes.net
Address: 64.246.62.108
BTW, Fred - I saw your post, before you deleted it, saw your email. I'll respond via email as soon as I can but am very tied up at the moment. I may not get a chance to respond before July 6th. However, I'll make a best effort to sit down for a few hours this evening and address your message.

FYI

·
Super Moderator
14,141 Posts
uhhh shit.. I hope it hasnt changed.. I havent changed anything and we are not moving to a different server yet.. (Aint going through that shit again)

For someone that hates the way I run the website.. you sure do help me out a lot :) You confuse me sometimes :)

I deleted the post becuase it was going totally the wrong way with others posting in it. Anyways, whenever you get to it.. I just wanted to know whats with the attitude lately

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just sent you a LONG email explaining some things. Maybe it will shed some light on this conundrum of yours. For those in the peanut gallery reading along...who won't be reading that email;

I don't hate the way you run this website. I just have opinions.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, like, is that the correct IP address? I'm still not able to access SBN using my ISP's DNS. I'm having to proxy myself to some poor bastard's box.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm having a problem access sportbikes.net from work, too. Sorta. Allow me to elaborate.

Using my corporate infrastructure, which utilizes a caching proxy server, I can't browse sportbikes.net. Internet DNS resolves the address to 64.246.62.108, which is the same as my ISP. If I disconnect from my corporate LAN and connect to one of our external wireless segments - Which uses the exact same Internet connectivity, it's just outside the proxy server, I can browse sportbikes.net WITHOUT a problem.

DNS resolves to the same address both internally and externally. Both internal and external uses the same logical path to the Internet. External works, internal doesn't. As of this morning, I still can't browse sportbikes.net from my ISP without going through an intermediary proxy.

·
Super Moderator
14,141 Posts
Ill look at it tomorrow and see whats going on.. you didnt try to ssh to the box or anything and had a fail connect did you?

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've only attempted HTTP to the box. Do you want me to SSH and fail? If so, it will have to wait until I get home since I can't use the proxy to SSH and would have to use the external segments, anyway.

A sniff trace of the internal/proxy shows my client sends an initial HTTP GET and never receives a reply. After the timer expires I receive the standard 'gateway unreachable' message from the proxy. I'm wondering if there has been some change to the server that our proxy server still has cached. I'm also wondering if those supposed changes hadn't trickled down to my ISP yet, too.

If DNS resolves to the same address in both locations and I can't connect to your server by IP address, taking DNS problems out of the picture, that leaves me to believe there is some eronious routing error propagating through the Internet - which I find incredibly unlikely given the selective nature of the problem and the fact I'm the only one reporting it. Of course, there may be other people suffering and not able to reach sportbikes.net but lack the means to get here and post that they're having problems.

I'm getting ready to head out for the 4th of July weekend and won't be around home to continue test, sniffing. So, no rush. I'll be heading to a Mediacom broadband derived connection where my destination is and will see if THAT connectivity has issues as well.

I will advise.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With no explanation, I can now surf sportbikes.net internally without issue which I was unable to do this morning. I'll check when I get home to see if it's resolved there, too. I have no explanation to offer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts