Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wed. at BFS are pretty cool with the amount of bikes that gather, but by the end of the ride it is pretty unorganized. Nobody really knows where we are heading and the last two weeks we just ended up on Tower to watch some stuntas screw around. :rolleyes: Why not meet on Thur. or another day and set up some rides together?

·
Registered
193 Posts
sounds like a good idea to me... i have never cared for wed bike nights. I never found it worth it just to go and chill on some road to watch a bunch of "stunters" screw around, i always go home dissapointed with the night. This is why last night was the first one i have been too all year, and even then, i went home right away.

If a ride with some twisties away from the city is put together ..... let me know. :)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I don't dig the chaos....I like to go sit at BFS and talk to folks, but then I wanna go ride with my friendlies (aka SBN'ers)

·
Professional Mixologist
479 Posts
I agree that the night is unorganized and at some points it can be pretty dangerous. I am down to ride whenever just let me know and I will be there.

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Twisties at night is not always the best idea due to it being dark and people not knowing the roads. There is always the possibility of an obstruction like a deer or raccoon that could be hard to see and cause an accident.

I agree with the disapproval over the hurry up and wait and then the ride across town to sit some more. To me the city seems to be best for a night ride, due to the fact it is lit and places like gas stations are open. But at the same time it has its flaws, such as more cops and traffic and such.

I'm not sure what the ultimate answer is, but I am willing to try new things.

Tom.

·
Registered
193 Posts
as far as the twisties at night thing.... yeah, i agree that riding them at night is not the smartest idea. My working situation is probably alittle different than some other peoples though... i get off of work at 3pm everyday and end up having to be home for the night by like 10pm. So most of the time when i ride during the week its light out still for the whole time i am riding.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I think that peeps need to realize that bike night is not all that much about riding. I mean it's at night. You can check with all the places that have "bike nights" and usually it's just a meeting spot for riders. Just like Solid Gold was.

To me it just a time to get some more miles on the bike and get out and see some peeps. On the weekends that's you can really ride.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, i wouldnt want to be screamin through twisties at night either, but sittin at Tower is not my idea of a gathering. Either ride while its light still or find a better place to hang. Any idea who leads the Wed. night rides?

·
Registered
586 Posts
no one ever really leads the group. I think we could have more fun if someone would take charge and plan out a route that everyone knows before we leave. Last week was fun when we all headed out to Pewaukee and then Georgie Porgies, cause it seemed like most knew at least somewhat where we were goiing, and we didn't just head straight to the tower.

·
Jerk
990 Posts
mykrowsy said:
no one ever really leads the group. I think we could have more fun if someone would take charge and plan out a route that everyone knows before we leave. Last week was fun when we all headed out to Pewaukee and then Georgie Porgies, cause it seemed like most knew at least somewhat where we were goiing, and we didn't just head straight to the tower.
If I am not mistaken, Stevie led that run to Pewaukee. I usually talk with the fellow SBN'ers and see what everyone wants to do. I have no problems breaking off from the group to do something different. And I do agree, there is a difference between day rides to hit some new roads and night rides which are more of hanging out with fellow riders. I enjoy both, and hope we can all find a happy balance.

I also try to ride as much as possible, be it to and from work or doing errands..that helps keep the no riding jitters to a minimum. Winter was hard for me, but I found solace in snowboarding, skating 4 Seasons skate park, playing music, and visiting my bike in the storage locker to tweak on it. I can honestly say that now that the weather is good, I ride and put those other activities aside for a rainy day. This winter I have plans to work a ton to get some new bike parts for the spring.

Tom.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mr Druid... We need to hook up for some snowboarding this winter... I'd be all up for getting back out to 4 seasons as well. I went for a while when it first opened, but it's just not the addiciton that it was when I was a kid, so if I don't have someone to ride with, I just don't get all that into it anymore. I plan on taking the kids out there this coming Wednesday night for the team Zero demo (should be some fat tricks going on, let me know if anyone wants to join us to check it out)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Also.... I guess you could sort of say that I "led" the group that other Wednesday when we rode through Pewaukee and took the long way around to Georgie's. Scott had asked me to take us on a scenic route to get there so it was sort of his brain child, and I jsut sort of wung it last second when we left the gas station. I can only hit the BFS ride every other Wednesday, but I'd be more than happy to come up with a little route that includes more riding and changing it up a bit on the nights I come out if that is what everyone wants. We've done that sort of thing a couple times this summer, and those seemed to be better rides than the usual. I like to leave right at 8 and actually do some riding and put in some miles before the first stop. I really don't mind stopping now and then for a few minutes to watch some wheelies, but I think the ride should be a lot longer, and the stops a bit shorter as people tend to get bored of sitting around and then take off early. Wheelie sessions should be later in the night so everyone gets some ride time.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Well since your on the topic of snow stuff, we should def. get a group together to go skiing/boarding. Awww damn it, now you have me thinkin about snow again and how much I love skiing. I need to live somewhere where I can go skiing and riding year round.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Rogue6 said:
I need to live somewhere where I can go skiing and riding year round.
Northern California. It'd be perfect because I hate the cold weather and I'd only have to be cold when I go to the mountains to ski :)

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Well then I guess it's settled. I am moving. See you guys.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I feel ya on the urge to ski and now Im thinking about where Im going in Colorado this winter...anyone go to UWM in here? They have a group that plans a trip to CO. every year. Last year we went to Steamboat for under $600 and we had a phat condo. Good Times!
And I agree with the stated above about us having a SBNers bike night where only a dozen or two bikes go for a group ride so its not so confusing :p

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
yup i sure do go to uwm.. not sure if im goin again in the fall but hmm.. id love to go ive never gone snowboarding or skiing but im down to try it and have a good time but hey come on now this is summer... FOCUS PEOPLE!! RIDING!! lol... see my post on "takin charge"

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm a U-Dubber.........six years now! A lot of people go to college for six years....but they are usually called Doctors....

Well, I work full time and got to school at night, hence the long residency

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
UWM for me too.

A trip to CO would be so nice. I was able to save up enough cash 2 years ago to go and it was incredible. Did nothing but ski bowls and trees the entire time. Only had to do groomed runs to get to the back side of the hills.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts