Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined forum last week. got busy and didn't get to intro.
I have a FZ6R Yamaha Yellow that I have customized with my personal add-ons.
I know this isn't a true sport bike in that it is under powered, I have ridden for 43 plus years and lots or rides, just needed a fun sport touring bike, saw nothing I liked except this 6R, ( like inline 4) so I bought the 6R and made it do.

Glad to be on what looks like a nice forum.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
We consider Ninja 250's sport bikes. It's not all about power. I really like the FZ6R. Shit, you still have my 500 beat in every aspect.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
the fz6r?

not a sportbike?

looks like one.
sounds like one.
rides like one.

am I missing something here? you own a sportbike dude. now photos, or I call bullshit! :lol

:twofinger <--- traditional SBN welcome gesture. :D

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Don't be negative on your bike. It is a sportbike and a good one at that.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never know some consider it a beginner/girl ride, me I just like the 600 inline 4 with decent horsepower and tight handling. Here is a picture drummer92, you can see some of my customizations, enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
The bike looks nice. I just don't like the possom scraper on the back. Try not to go too crazy on the mods, it is money you won't get back when you sell. That bike will do everything you want it to do right out of the box.

The must have for me on a bike are heated grips, brighter headlamp bulbs, FE kit, frame sliders, and no skimping on tires. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The bike looks nice. I just don't like the possom scraper on the back. Try not to go too crazy on the mods, it is money you won't get back when you sell. That bike will do everything you want it to do right out of the box.

The must have for me on a bike are heated grips, brighter headlamp bulbs, FE kit, frame sliders, and no skimping on tires. Enjoy it.
Hey it won me Moto GP tickets so I'll keep it.

Dude been riding for 43 plus years. Have ridden lots of bikes and burned through lots of tires.

That "opossum scrapper" you call it is to keep mud and road debris from slinging up on to my back (my driveway is gravel) since I removed the factory fender and did a fender eliminator kit.
Looks way better than the stock fender. But to each his own.
I made it, so not much money involved, had the steel, used a little wire on the welder, used a little oxygen and acetylene, plastic I found, but did have to buy the Yellow paint. All the mods cost maybe $300 bucks so far. I made the exhaust ($45), had the decals made for $25 bucks, put them on myself, painted the calipers and inner wheel hubs myself, have my own Harbor Freight motorcycle tire changer I modified myself you can see the video of it on YouTube if you want, also built my own static tire balancer that attaches to it. As well as the exhaust and how it sounds.
Ducati and BMW have those opossum scrappers on some of their rides so I am not ashamed of it. Look at a Ducati Diavel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts