Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sperm bank loan officer
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've been regersterd here for a long time but don't think I ever posted anything entil now. I try not to spend all my time on the internet :). I mostly post on the R6mesagenet have been a member there for a long time. Another one is www.onedownfiveup.com most of those people are local to me so its great for meeting riding buddies.

I had been pondering buying a FZ6 since they came out. But still had my R6 and it was doing double duty as a street and trackday machine. Well I finally got sick of swtiching all the race parts off ( tires,gearing, lights ect) and after a demo ride at Amricade I bought one. I found a sweet deal on a blue 04 with 290 miles on it yes I did said 290. It had been in his garage for a year cause his family would not let him ride it. So I got it for $4900. I went out for a quick ride after work and this is a sweet little bike so much nicer on the street than my R6.

You guys have a good amount amount of info on here so I'm gonna look around before I ask any dumb questions :)

Jer

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on a "great" deal!!!

There are no dumb questions-- only dumb answers. It's good to look around first in here though 'cuz they flame you if there's a thread about your Q... :lao

They're not mean nor rude, they just enjoy a bit of making fun about what they've gone thru before you. Hope you post often. :cheers :welcome

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Beware my squirrelly wrath! :lao

Welcome! :D

·
Registered
803 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy your new bike.....to bad its the slower blue. :lol

·
Registered
898 Posts
Fair Warning Hide your wallet and checkbook they can become empty at a moments notice

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
The FZ6 sucks, you wasted your money, big time!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Binary Jay said:
The FZ6 sucks, you wasted your money, big time!
Yah, you better sell it fast. I'll take it off your hands, 3K, and that's a gift. :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
shit, ill take it off his hands for 250, i drive a hard bargain

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey wellcome to the forums congrats on the purchase and don't listen to everybody when they say which one is faster cuase we all know it depends on the rider. Oh the silver one is faster in my case cuase I am on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
ChesterMaddox said:
Fair Warning Hide your wallet and checkbook they can become empty at a moments notice
I think this guy knows a bit about mods. There are so many more parts out there for the R6 out there then for our bikes.

Welcome to the forum. This is by far one of the best FZ6 forums out there. It's not as active as the r1 and r6 forums but this is a nice little community we've got here.

So what are your impressions about the bike so far? I personlly think the riding position is great for hours of riding without breaking my back or wrists. It's got enough power to romp with the 600's out there but yet be able to walk straight afterwards.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I give you my welcome...I must say that I really think that this is one of the best forums I have ever seen and You have just bought one of the best bike ever made. I understand that you bought it used so you really didn't have a choice in the faster Blue, or the "I think I can" silver. Doesn't matter...we will welcome you the same. If you have a question/ want to post a thread, that has already been posted just do it chances are I want to know as well. It takes some time to go through the old threads trust me I've been at it since I joined.

I plan to donate as soon as I find that damn checkbook............

,........HOney, can I please write a check. :eek:nfloor....PLEASE

·
Sperm bank loan officer
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thx

ChesterMaddox said:
Thanks for the warm welcome. I know what you mean Chester. This sport is expensive so its more like a lifestyle. Now I three set of rims to feed and the R6 really like to eat up the D.O.T's when doing two trackdays a month. I swore I was gonna put some SS front brake lines and maybe a fender kit and leave the rest of the FZ stock. And here I am looking at Akrapovic slip-on's and thinking about putting some R6 forks on lol .

PS: I thought my R6 had a small trunk, damn undertail! :lao

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Ryce Krysp said:
I give you my welcome...I must say that I really think that this is one of the best forums I have ever seen and You have just bought one of the best bike ever made. I understand that you bought it used so you really didn't have a choice in the faster Blue, or the "I think I can" silver. Doesn't matter...we will welcome you the same. If you have a question/ want to post a thread, that has already been posted just do it chances are I want to know as well. It takes some time to go through the old threads trust me I've been at it since I joined.

I plan to donate as soon as I find that damn checkbook............

,........HOney, can I please write a check. :eek:nfloor....PLEASE
You don't have to read through all the old posts. Just do a search.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts