Sport Bikes banner

Saw the new Hyosung bikes today

5K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  japbike 
#1 ·
A friend and I stopped by a Victory dealer today for a recall on his bike. The first bikes I noticed when we pulled in were two Hyosung Comet 250's on the front sidewalk. From a distance, they looked like SV's.

Inside, they had a little 250 cruiser by Hyosung. I was really impressed with the fit and finish on the cruiser. It even had a tach and fuel gauge.

It was just funny to see that a dealer selling expensive Victory motorcycles also sold fairly cheap Korean bikes.

#4 ·
I saw the Comet 250 and 650 at a local bike show last year and was impressed by the fit and finish. If all 250cc sportbikes looked that good, I think more people might be convinced to start small. My impression is that they may become a contender with the Japanese manufacturers one day as long as they don't fall into the rut of copying and start making some new and innovative bikes.

#5 ·
Koreans should not be underestimated.

#6 ·
Piccolo said:
I saw the Comet 250 and 650 at a local bike show last year and was impressed by the fit and finish. If all 250cc sportbikes looked that good, I think more people might be convinced to start small. My impression is that they may become a contender with the Japanese manufacturers one day as long as they don't fall into the rut of copying and start making some new and innovative bikes.
Same here, went to the Rev n Roll expo near Pittsburgh. They seemed to be of pretty nice quality. I was actually more intrigued by the little 250 Comet than the 650, lol

#10 ·
Yes, the picture is of the Comet that they had. They had two. One was red with no markings at all, and the other was yellow and looked like the picture except it said Hyosung on the tank instead of Alphasports. The Comet didn't seem as nice as the little cruiser they had. Come to think of it, the cruiser said Alphasports on the tank and didn't say Hyosung any where. Odd.

And I got a look at the Vegas. If I was willing to spend 18 grand for a cruiser, I'd probably buy a Vegas.

#11 ·
i thought about talking my girl into getting a hyosung 250, but the 250 ninjas are cheaper. i figured that the korean bike would be dirt cheap, but they're not.

#15 ·
reminds me of the gs500 with a better looking rear section. i like it

#16 ·
Mucho Gonzales said:
is this it? only pic i could find.

looks nice here i think.
Kinda looks like a Honda Hawk and a Suzuki GS500E mated and that's what came out.

Not bad looking... at the right price it's probably a great bike.

#19 ·
When I was in Korea last year, I saw tons of them. They make a really good knock off of the SV650. The quality was decent. I think they will do well over here and bring more people into motorcycling.

#20 ·
again, another bike I find ugly. It must be that "nakked" thing.. blah! can't get into it, no matter how hard I try

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.