Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first off, I am a new rider, but I have taken the msf and I try to avoid looking like a squid myself. Anyways, I saw this guy today, shorts, t-shirt, flip-flops; riding a 600+ sportbike. Not sure what the bike was, it was blue, so I am guessing yamaha but I was a ways from him when I saw this, about a block. He was doing a U-turn on a devided road, and this turn is plenty wide to easily make w/o trouble. Well, he had trouble with clutch control kind of popped it and pulled it back in to keep the front end down. Then he kind of walked his bike around the corner, keeping both feet down. Hard to explain, but it was humorous. Then as soon as he got straight again, you guessed it, he grabbed a handfull of throttle and pulled the front end up!! I thought to myself, so that is what they are talking about when they call someone a squid. I have been enlightened!!

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
i saw a dude in a harley doing the same thing... but i guess its ok for them to be squids (no helmet, shorts, cut off t-shirt & some flops).. just happen this morning as a matter of fact.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Would you ride a Harley in full gear?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Redstar11 said:
Would you ride a Harley in full gear?
I do.

The above message was too short and lengthened to over 10 characters.

·
Registered
288 Posts
coyotelance said:
Ok, first off, I am a new rider, but I have taken the msf and I try to avoid looking like a squid myself. Anyways, I saw this guy today, shorts, t-shirt, flip-flops; riding a 600+ sportbike.
haha, unfortunately thats all to common where I live....it was funny, when I was buying my bike, I went over to the gear section, and they looked at me funny initially because so few ppl around here wear it, and then told them I was a newb, and they sorta understood then y I'd want gear hahah..

Anywayz, best of luck and be safe out there

·
Registered
38 Posts
I see them all the time where I live. Most are smart enough to at least wear a helmet w/ their shorts and tank top though. Something I saw yesterday in my neighborhood was amusing though. A man (30-40 yrs) was riding his V Rod with a tank top, jean shorts and tennis shoes (no helmet)......while his kid following on a moped had just about every stitch of gear imaginable on. I guess it's good that he makes his kid wear the stuff, but I figure he should also lead by example.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
unfortunately this will not be your last squid sighting. It seems as though the warm weather brings them out of the woodwork.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
they are out there, expect to see alot more

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I am from lubbock, going to Tech. What kind of bike do you have? I just wonder what you consider slow. My email is [email protected] and my aim is lancevwkeys . Drop me a line and we can go riding.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey lance, sent you a PM and added ya to AIM, I'll get in touch with ya if I see you online.

P.S> I ride a '93 Ninja 500. It's not running quite right atm, so it's a bit sluggish - oh well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i will agree...i see squids soo much i think my bike is a submarine...i cant even begin to tell all my stories about them..maybe i'll write a book...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts