Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stopped by a local yamaha/honda dealer today and they had 2 2005 r1's. they are HOTT. it looks even better than the 04's. the headlights and fairings look about the same but the tank and tail/seat section look more aggressive. it also has dual undertail exhaust. hopefully the 05 r6's will look like the new r1's.

·
Registered
171 Posts
dub said:
stopped by a local yamaha/honda dealer today and they had 2 2005 r1's. they are HOTT. it looks even better than the 04's. the headlights and fairings look about the same but the tank and tail/seat section look more aggressive. it also has dual undertail exhaust. hopefully the 05 r6's will look like the new r1's.

05????????????

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I haven't seen any pics of the 05......did you take any pictures?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope all i had was my phone its got a camera but i cant put the pics online

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Aww darn, man i didn't even relize they had been released....I gotta see one :)

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I'd be surprised if Yamaha had released the 05's already.

·
Registered
522 Posts
if it was one of the salesmen telling you that, he's probably full of shit. Most salesmen can barely even ride a bike, let alone know details about them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
05's have dual undertail exhaust and the 04's didn't? Where's the flag on this one...someone was feeding you a load.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Anyone who believes such nonsense should have Zyklon-B circulated through their AC unit.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Don't you think that a dealer in Tupelo, MS, would be the first in the country to get a pre-release '05 R1? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. No offense meant.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it wasnt here in tupelo it was in corinth,ms which is like an 45 minutes from tupelo at lake hill motors which is the largest honda/yamaha dealer in america(supposedly). maybe i'm imaginin things but i'm pretty sure it was an 05. didnt look like the others if it was an 04

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
yamaha will not release any info on the 2005's till fall and the bikes will be out december at the earlyist and more than likely jan-march. thats the way yamaha has done it the last few years anyway.
btw i saw the book that goes to the dealers for them to order from and it did not have r1's or r6's in it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
im doubting they will change much on the 05 model since the 04 is new

it just seems they usually keep the same model for 2-3 years

1 - 20 of 50 Posts