Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Thread Killer
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know this is off topic and probably should be posted elsewhere, but this is the only forum I ever visit, so I am posting it here. On my way to work this morning in my cage I saw a bad accident that had happened right where I have to make a U-turn every day. The area is very dangerous and is an ill-designed solution that was slapped together a few years ago. I'm sure it has claimed many lives already. Anyway, as traffic slowed to a stop, I saw a Range Rover on its side with all the glass gone. After I merged and made my u-turn, I had to go right back by the accident scene. On the other side of the Range Rover was a red sport bike (unidentifiable at this point) in several peices on the road surface. A person who I assume was the rider was surrounded by several first responders. The Range Rover driver may have been injured, too, but that vehicle didn't have any major structural damage other than the glass all gone. I don't know what the riders' fate was, but he (or she) couldn't have come away in very good shape from that scene. I haven't heard any news about what happened or the outcome, but I couldn't go through the day without sharing with other riders. I ride to work about half the time and turn at that same spot every day. It hit pretty close to home to see that accident. I felt helpless just driving by but I thought that posting this might generate some positive energy for the people in the accident and their families.

Ride safe.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Hopefully everybody is okay. I think that unidentifible red sport bike was an FZ6...

You posted in the FZ6 forum, so its probably an FZ6... :rolleyes

·
Registered
803 Posts
Good luck to the unknown rider.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My thoughts and prayers go out to the rider. In my job (State Trooper), I work numerous accidents each year. Many times when a four wheeler and a bike get together depending on circumstances and safety equipment used the bike rider can sometimes end up on the losing end. As a fellow rider I don't like seeing motorcycles envolved in accidents. Many times people don't see motorcycles until its too late because they simply were not paying attention. Hope the Rider was O.K.!! Ride Safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts