Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok,

this is the same get together a few of us have been talking about recently.

here's a good route for everyone, one I've done many times.

Meet in Rogers at the Chik-fil-A on Walnut & 40th - 9:00am leave at 9:30. anyone coming from the Berryville/Eureka area can meet up with us in Clifty at the gas station at 12 & 23 (or meet us in Rogers for an early morning warm up ride).

Hwy 12/127 to Clifty
...(route squashed for security reasons).
West on 12/127 home to Rogers.

this MIGHT be 200 miles by guesstimation. not too much, but enough to call it a day. if we get out by 9:30am, we'll be done by 2 or 3 at the latest if all goes well (knock on wood).

Bring water if you like, but there should be enough stops along the way to get some cold water. keeping it on the bike or on your person is either uncomfortable, or it just gets hot, which doesn't do you any good.

if anyone has any questions or complaints, feel free to post.

tom

·
Registered
569 Posts
Consider me a maybe...I have a really bad coolant leak that Ive been trying to fix and I may have to take it to a cycle shop on saturday but I may just go anyways...Ive been riding with the leak for about 3 weeks now so it wouldnt be a big deal to just go anyways...Youve picked some great roads to ride on...those are the ones I ride weekly...the best is 221 south/the rock hosue road to eurkea...absolutely no traffic, no cops, just open the throttle and go...good twisties and straights too...so you think youll be at clifty about 10:30 or 11:00 oclock?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think that's gonna be more than 200 miles for you guys...I think if i met you at clifty, that might be 200 for me...let me see if Ive got this right from knowing the roads

You're going from Rogers to clifty, clifty to huntsville, huntsville to kingston, kingston to boxley, boxley to Fallsville, fallsville to somewhere by St. paul maybe?, then back to huntsville and on to Eureka to berryville and back to eureka back to rogers?:slaugh

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trust me brother, its not that far. Berryville to Eureka (221 to Rock House), is about 30 - 35 mins max. Eureka to Clifty, depending on speed again, is anywhere from 8 mins (yeah, i did it) to 15 - 20 mins max. i just did a slow pace with a guy with no helmet from Clifty to Eureka the other day, took us 20 mins at the most.

so if you meet us in Clifty at 10am, we'll rest and greet for 10 or 20 mins, and then head out nice and fresh. that will be the real beginning of your ride. it'll take you maybe an hour to get there from your house. hell, one guy is coming all the way from Fort Smith!

we'll stop and take breaks every so often too. prolly at the end of each road. i promise, it'll be a great time. we're a safety oriented group, so if you get tired and want to break off, thats perfectly ok. there's certainly nothing that says you have to stay for the whole ride. just go as far as you want, and then you can cut out. no sweat.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun...Im always up for group riding...Did I have the towns that youre gonna hit right? Ive lived in Berryville all my life and am very familiar with the roads...It wont take me but 25 mins to get from my house to clifty(it just takes an hour or a little more to get to Rogers), I was just thinking that loop your gonna do around Huntsville is a pretty good little jog...If I can go, Ill just plan on meeting you at that Clifty gas station at about 10:00...that sound good?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Kansas rider

I'd love to meet up with you all, my last trip to Eurika got cancled do to 7" of rain in 1 hour( I Run a Flood Restoration Company). So unfortunatly I got stuck here.
Last Thursday I had a baby so my ol lady will probly tell me not to come back if i go!
Have fun I'm stuck home for a while!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
firedup said:
I'd love to meet up with you all, my last trip to Eurika got cancled do to 7" of rain in 1 hour( I Run a Flood Restoration Company). So unfortunatly I got stuck here.
Last Thursday I had a baby so my ol lady will probly tell me not to come back if i go!
Have fun I'm stuck home for a while!!!

aww man! congrats. have fun in la la land. we'll go for it another day.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
well that was a blast, I had fun. Tom send me the link to that forum you guys are on. BTW, dwalker, sorry you had to split off. Maybe another time.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yea man sorry that I broke off guys...I'm just not comfortable cruising at 85+ mph yet...Plus I sure didnt want you guys to have to slow down and wait on me, and make you hold my hand so that I could ride with ya...If I couldnt keep up then I needed to just go home....And dont think that Im doggin' you guys for going fast cause I would too probably if I just had some more expierence at those speeds...I usually dont get much over 75-80 unless its a straight stretch...I'm always scared of seeing a cop too, but I guess thats something Ill eventually get over...Tell spencer sorry i made him lose you guys when we pulled over, I just didnt wanna tail off and not tell anyone anything...thanks for lettin me meet up with ya though! maybe Ill learn to keep up one of these days! Sorry!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
your completely fine dwalker. If/when you want to go riding with us just ride at your own pace, thats what riding is about. Don't try or do something because someone tells you to, do it because you want to.

On another note, SaloSV was SaloCBR for a few miles :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sounds like you all had a blast. Friday I got called out to work on another flood in a STANKY House. Any one wanna buy a few bikes? I never have the time to ride anyway!!! Its 10 min. here 20 min there. Havnt taken my dirt bike out in 2 months either. I might get to take a business trip/bike trip to Denver Co. at the end of the month. If I don't forget how to ride from now to then. I've planned 3 good trips this year and each one has gotten shot to the pot.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
KrayZFrameRate said:
your completely fine dwalker. If/when you want to go riding with us just ride at your own pace, thats what riding is about. Don't try or do something because someone tells you to, do it because you want to.

On another note, SaloSV was SaloCBR for a few miles :D

On the real Dustin, you were doing great! But if thats too fast for you, its real simple, just slow down. because its not worth it. i know its a hard feeling to get over, but you don't have to keep up.

on rides with such a small group, its a little different. but on a ride with a larger group, what usually happens is they either split up into smaller groups by pace, and they have someone sweep (dedicated trailer). since we didn't have that, the slower guys just stay in the back. the group will always wait for you, its part of being a good leader on a ride. a good leader would never leave you behind, thats rediculous.

thats why you'll always hear people say, "This is YOUR ride!" its a philosophy strictly adheard too by me, and the people i choose to ride with. but even still, i was still pulling away from Spencer and Jon today at certain points. i just choose to pick up the pace a bit, that doesn't mean they have too. and i certainly don't expect them too. i'll pull away just enough to be able to see the next guy coming around the last bend i was on. any faster, and suddenly i start to feel alone.

the more you ride, the more you'll learn about the cops. unless you have some kind of criminal history, i wouldn't worry so much. on these back roads, there are very few, and they usually don't mess with you if you're doing 70. its in town that you need to take heed (Rogers in particular). and mind the speed zones.

you're definitely not going to ruin our day either. we are out there to have fun, and we will. so on that note, the fact that you pulled out of something you weren't comfortable with, garners more respect from us than to stay and try to keep up, and get hurt. there is no shame in doing what you did, whatsoever.

but for the future, remember, you are always welcome on a group ride with us. maybe next time we'll help make it more educational for you.

·
Registered
569 Posts
No problem, next time I'll just go at my own pace if I start to get left behind and catch up with you at some stopping point! I really appreciate you guys not making me feel like a COMPLETE squid too after I broke off...Well be in touch on here and whatever and post up next time you ride...who knows, maybe Ill try again!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I rode my bike to work that day so I was kinda with you guys... oh well, this saturday is the last saturday that i work, so after that i can ride with you guys on the weekends.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts