Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post damage photos here. Either your own personal ones or ones from the news.

This is all I got from a friend in NH. ImageUploadedByMO Free1351616759.015088.jpg

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
i bet hurricanes dont cover floods and floods dont cover hurricanes as far as insurance goes,
Nope, home insurance doesn't cover floods, you have to buy separate flood insurance. Fucking scam but they do it that way so the guy who lives on the top of a big hill doesn't have to pay for flood coverage he'll never use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Nope, home insurance doesn't cover floods, you have to buy separate flood insurance. Fucking scam but they do it that way so the guy who lives on the top of a big hill doesn't have to pay for flood coverage he'll never use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
I am sure thats not the real reason.

Why not have insurance with a check list you can choose your coverage.

-fire
-theft
-flood
-storm/wind

check what you want and pay for it. This would also be great with cable/dish. Pick the 30 channels you really want and not pay for things like QVC and Fox Noise.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
It is. Flood insurance is through NFIP, if you are in a flood plain and have a mortgage, it is law you carry flood insurance. If you are not in a flood plain, you have the option of buying it or not.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
flooded the subway. dang. poop will be everywhereeeeeee.

you HAVE to have insurance against flood with a mortgage, or does the lender who co-owns the home require it? Isnt that crazy how a company can make something THE LAW to protect their investment? if they want it covered so bad why dont THEY pay it. pshh

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
flooded the subway. dang. poop will be everywhereeeeeee.

you HAVE to have insurance against flood with a mortgage, or does the lender who co-owns the home require it? Isnt that crazy how a company can make something THE LAW to protect their investment? if they want it covered so bad why dont THEY pay it. pshh
If the property is in a designated flood plain, then yes. The Federal government runs the flood insurance plan. Its not up to the lenders.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
I dont have flood insurance on my house. Just saying.

I need to call my sister (lives in brooklyn). I told her to take a ton of pics for me yesterday...

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
not my photo, but it's of the carousel not far from my apartment near brooklyn bridge. taken last night.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
In Florida, many of the regular homeowners insurance carriers don't even deal in hurricane coverage anymore. For instance, I have State farm for my vehicles and homeowners (including floord), but they don't even offer hurricane coverage internally. You can buy it through them, but it gets farmed out to one of several specialized hurricane coverage companies.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I dont have flood insurance on my house. Just saying.

I need to call my sister (lives in brooklyn). I told her to take a ton of pics for me yesterday...
Then you are either not in a flood plain, or you are and don't have a mortgage.

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
I was actually told by my agent that I could not get flood insurance through them. Apparently all flood insurance is underwritten by the US Govt. and only applies if you are in a "flood plane (sp?)" Is this accurate?

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
You can purchase the insurance even if you are not in a flood plain, but don't have too. It is all underwritten through the NFIP(Feds), but they contract it out to individual companies. Rates are static though.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
You can purchase the insurance even if you are not in a flood plain, but don't have too. It is all underwritten through the NFIP(Feds), but they contract it out to individual companies. Rates are static though.
i see. still smells like lobby to me.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts