1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
PM sent

·
Lickalotapuss
2,859 Posts
My old roommate ended his career on the boxer...doesn't help you much now, but welcome to a great city!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I have been to SD plenty of times. When I was in the squadron in Lemoore, we deployed on the Nimitz. I love it down there. I can't wait to ride some of those twisties down there. You guys are going to have to show me all the good pig free roads.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
I did the maiden cruise on her in 97-98. She's a good ship, hopefully still in good condition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whats up

I'm on 32nd Street just hit me when you down for a ride. Don’t forget to have that New Motorcycle Sport Bike Training Course done or they won’t let you on base. They have been really anal lately about it...

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took the class already so I am good to go on that. My orders that I am supposed to be slotted for finally popped up on CMS. I have to go see the CC and apply for them tomorrow. I hate this new detailing BS. I miss the good old days.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
yeah, this detailing process BLOWS! if you do not get selected for the orders you request, you have to wait for what, 3 weeks to see the orders again? it seriously cuts down the amount of orders you can choose from before getting in that "window" of pain.

oh, i called my detailer and told her what i wanted to request ... i bypassed the CCC altogether because he was a big prick and did not help anyone.

·
Registered
422 Posts
yeah, this detailing process BLOWS! if you do not get selected for the orders you request, you have to wait for what, 3 weeks to see the orders again? it seriously cuts down the amount of orders you can choose from before getting in that "window" of pain.

oh, i called my detailer and told her what i wanted to request ... i bypassed the CCC altogether because he was a big prick and did not help anyone.
Damn.. I wonder if his name is Roberts?? Sounds like the NCC I had.. I'd still be active if it weren't for him..

So ,we don't have that online system anymore?? I forgot what's it called, but it showed u what billets were open and were about to be open..

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
Damn.. I wonder if his name is Roberts?? Sounds like the NCC I had.. I'd still be active if it weren't for him..

So ,we don't have that online system anymore?? I forgot what's it called, but it showed u what billets were open and were about to be open..
damn dude, your CC experience caused you to get out? that is sad, i swear the navy promotes the wrong people a LOT. nah, his name was NC1 Askew.

it is still online and it is called CMS - Career Management System (it was known as JASS). either way, it blows. it comes out once a month for about two weeks and from there you pick the commands you want to put in for, but you fill out a form and then hand it to your CCC so they can input your requests into CMS.

i don't know why we have to go through a middle man ... it's online, we should be able to just select the jobs ourselves.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
if you have sipr access you can check just about any units sked for up to a year ahead. ask your OS's
OS???? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... :twofinger

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, I am going to be leaving here the first week of June. I should be in San Diego by the 20th. I have to do 1 more push here. I am picking up on Tuesday of next week. I am not quite looking forward to that shit, but at least I know it will be my 8th and last one. Maybe I will get to ride the bike to work a couple times before I leave. Who is up for it, June 20th, Hooters in Gas Lamp and then maybe Star Bar(I don't think I am still banned from there)?

I don't check into the Boxer until like September because I have school and shit. So, I should have some good time off.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
hey man, not sure if u remember but i'm in the same battle group as the boxer (i'm on the New Orleans). have they told u when the ship is supposed to be pulling back into san diego? i am absolutely certain your check-in time frame couldn't be any better than what it is.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I am sure with my report date in September I will miss this deployment. Do you know if they are doing Fleet Week? I would love to be a part of that.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
yep, you're going to miss this deployment. i'm waiting to fly out to the N.O., most of the guys are flying out next week but i'm waiting on medical clearance. shouldn't be too much longer.

good question about fleet week ... i am not sure. is that in san fran?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is usually in San Fran. I would love to do one some day, and the carriers usually don't go. I think that the battle group should be coming home sometime in July since they left January 9th.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts