Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering who all is from San Antonio here.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
still here, still hot as hell and humid.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of gear do you wear in this heat. Even a/c in the car is not saving me much during my relatively short drive from Lackland to Culebra

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
Filip75 said:
what kind of gear do you wear in this heat. Even a/c in the car is not saving me much during my relatively short drive from Lackland to Culebra
perforated leather or mesh are about the only things that will do. the mesh you can wet down to help cool you but when its above 100 with humidity in the 80 and 90 % range there is not much you can do to stay cool except hope for an early fall.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Filip75 said:
I'm a gear junkie...I'll wear full leathers if I'm going to be out riding for the day, or if I'm just taking it easy I'll throw on a helmet, jacket, boots, and gloves with some jeans.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are there any rider groups in S.A. Any meets or cruises?

I'm used to the BMW community and we get together quite frequently, go for long scenic drives and know each other by name, so... is there anything similar for bike riders?

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
alot of people go out to spec's on wed. nights it's been awhile for me though. I know that the TSBA guys meet up on sundays in the early am and go out riding in the hill country but I'm a late riser and tend to go out around 10am.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to this board, but I've been a member of the http://forums.cbrworld.net/ for a couple years now. I ride with about 15 different guys here in the SATX area and some of us are going for a ride 17 July 04 at 1pm (departing the Sonic on Nacogdoches inside loop 1604, just past the Walmart). I don't know if any of you would be interested or not but if so check out the following links for other SA riders or shoot me an e-mail [email protected]:

http://forums.cbrworld.net/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=83003

and a local Board run by a friend

http://p202.ezboard.com/ftexasroadragefrm14

Hope to get a larger group together sometime soon for a run up to Kerrville.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has been riding lately, I have not seen to many people out in the hill country recently. If so let me know I might be up for a ride.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Gee, I asked this question in May and got....virtually no response. I move away from SA in two weeks, so no point in riding much.
I get on 90 to Kelly every day and now with the construction it's no fun riding.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ill_ag said:
Gee, I asked this question in May and got....virtually no response. I move away from SA in two weeks, so no point in riding much.
I get on 90 to Kelly every day and now with the construction it's no fun riding.
it's always fun riding on 90. I always end up driving my car there, but it's one of my favorite spots (esp. the curves after 6th St exit),

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Filip75 said:
it's always fun riding on 90. I always end up driving my car there, but it's one of my favorite spots (esp. the curves after 6th St exit),
The road into Kelly is a great way to start my day...a long stretch with enough visibility to spot a cop, and then a few little curves. Short, but puts me in a good mood before work.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill_ag said:
The road into Kelly is a great way to start my day...a long stretch with enough visibility to spot a cop, and then a few little curves. Short, but puts me in a good mood before work.
you're talking about the road taht has a 30mph speed limit, and nobody ever goes slower than 45? :) (from 90 to Kelly USA?)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Filip75 said:
you're talking about the road taht has a 30mph speed limit, and nobody ever goes slower than 45? :) (from 90 to Kelly USA?)
no, I'm talking about spur 371. It's like a 60 then 50 then 40 speed limit from 90 into the base. once you hit the kellyusa sign it's 30, I think, but there's no cops in there. the area's still not under the jurisdiction of the police.

It's fun, but there aren't any other roads around there that are much worth riding.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I used to live there. I was at Ft. Sam Houston for almost a year in training. I friggin' love that place.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts