Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have seen alot of saddlebagoptions in this forum.

But does anyone know, if there is some saddlebags, which when installed, does not remove the posibility of having a passenger onboard aswell ?

Some of the bags I have seen either cover the passengerfootpegs or have straps where the passenger sits.

Thank you

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am interested in this subject too. I think the saddlebags that are always advertised at the top of the page have straps that can be run under the seat. Don't have 'em, so I couldn't say.
I was thinking a good idea would be to get whatever soft bags you like, even if the strap runs over the seat, and then strap on one of those butt buffers on top of the straps. Anybody try this?

·
Registered
202 Posts
As far as I know most all of the saddlebags can be run under the seat. I have a set of Nelson Rigg Saddlebags and they can go over or under. The footpegs are uncovered but i've never tried 2 up with them on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
redF7sp said:
As far as I know most all of the saddlebags can be run under the seat. I have a set of Nelson Rigg Saddlebags and they can go over or under. The footpegs are uncovered but i've never tried 2 up with them on.
which model do you have, and do you have a picture of them mounted ?

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i am new to the forum but would like to help answer the question u guys have if i can.About the saddle bags i had a Givi T431 http://www.givi.it/home/frame.asp Sorry no pics of it mounted to my bike. It could be secured both under and on top of the seat.Had done it under the seat and pillion my wife for touring.It does not cover the pillion footrest.But the disadvantage of it is that it leaves a gap in between the seat and the tailboard due to the strap thickness.After taking the saddlebags off ,the seat seems to be abit loose and not as fitting as before.The comments i get is that it isn't obstructing the pillion alot maybe just a little at the heels of the pillion.Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have Oxford OF414 Saddle Bags, and I carried a friend for 300 Kms, with them mounted.

They don't cover the passenger footpegs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I put saddlebags they bother passengers foots because I cant pull them behind case they bother the turn signals. But my advice and my problem is: Buy a b*****, macho bike :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I promised last night I'd post pictures of these bags when I received them, and they came a day earlier than expected! Since this is an active topic, I'll post my pictures here.

These are the color accented Chase Harper Stealth Bags. They're a soft affordable bag set for your FZ6. I've looked at every bag picture in these forums and decided this was the styling I preferred at the price point and functionality level I wanted.

They retain their shape nicely when empty (these are empty), but there's nothing fancy inside. It's just a shell with no compartments or anything of the sort. They also include a good amount of the 3M material for your tank with the Tankbag, but I haven't put that on yet.

I've included the rear shot so you can see how the saddlebags push down on the rear turn signals a bit when installed this far back. It looks like FAZR6's Fender Eliminator Kit would solve this problem though. I'll have to spring for that before the summer is over.

Hope someone else finds this useful..

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those are good looking bags, just the right size for a sport tourer and appear to mount up clean w/o many visible straps or bungees. They almost pass for hard bags.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
How are these hooked under the tail section to keep the bottoms from flapping in and out?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's a partial reconstruction of the image on their website that shows how the saddlebags attach. The front two frame straps are attached just forward of the passenger pegs. The back two are hooked to the frame under the seat away from the exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just went out and took a good look under the seat, and there's not much under there except exhaust! There's a black frame running about 1/2" under what appears could be a catalytic converter (?), and the black frame is what I have the loops attached too. I'm not sure if this is going to wind up being too hot.

I think I'll go look for alternative places to attach just in case :)

ok...

Looks like a safer location is on the reflector brackets on each side - they appear to be sturdy enough at their base. Connecting the left bag to the right bracket and vice versa seems as if it'll do the trick.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have Cortech soft bags & the strap goes under the seat with no problems & they don't cover the passenger pegs. They were about $150 - they're black tough cordera/nylon with reflective bottoms & logo & they have rain covers included. They fit my leather coat rolled up gloves & small tool kit on 1 side. Zipper pockets on the outside. They are pretty sweet for the money. If you want they have a clip on option for a tail bag-my next purchase. They mount on or off real quick-pull the valcro apart & bye-bye. Good luck - you can see them at competetionaccessories.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts