Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some saddle bags any suggestions for brands. Also When you buy saddle bags do they come in pairs or is the price for each bag?

·
Registered
676 Posts

I don't know if you were referring to soft or hard bags. This set up is enough to be totally self-contained for a good 10 day road trip. There's even room for souvenirs.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I was wondering about some bags that would still allow the passenger to ride with. i was looking for somthing to aloow us to go out for the weekend and ride, while keeping the storage for cloths and rain gear.

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
Most bags (hard or soft) allow for passengers.

Its getting on that is a bit tougher..

Mr Vrrrroommm, could you post a picture of the bike without the side bags. I'm curious to see what the hardware looks like.

Thx!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
dparadis said:
Most bags (hard or soft) allow for passengers.

Its getting on that is a bit tougher..

Mr Vrrrroommm, could you post a picture of the bike without the side bags. I'm curious to see what the hardware looks like.

Thx!
Try searching the forum for "Givi". I know there have been pictures posted a few times already.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just got my Tourmaster Cortech Sport Saddlebags today. Haven't tried them out yet, but I'd estimate I could cram enough in each for a couple day trip. They don't look like they'll fit my Eureka 2XTA tent though....I'll just have to lash it on top somewhere.

·
Registered
676 Posts

As per request

The Givi mounting hardware specific to the FZ6 was about $270. The bags she's had for a couple of seasons. She had the bags on her ZZR1200. That's one of the great features of non-specific bike cases, you can take them from bike to bike.

The E41 keyless side cases go for around $440. The E52 topcase w/integral brake light $280. The backrest pad for the topcase was about $60.

Wow! I just did the math. I've got over $1000 in just the bags for that thing. I use the same E52 (another one) on my FJR. It comes with factory side cases.

FYI: azmotorsports.com is one of the largest sellers of Givi luggage. They give FZ1OA.com forum members an additional 10% discount. I don't know if they give Sportbikes.net members the same discount.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Burnspot, I got a thread asking about those bags capacity, I also like them and want to know if they fit:

2 sport pants
6 pair of sock
3 wife underwear
3 me underwear
2 pair of snekers(tennis shoes)
2 shorts
3 man t-shirts
3-woman t-shirts.
1 pair of slippers
Thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'll have to see what I can stuff in and give a report.

fz6yamaha said:
Burnspot, I got a thread asking about those bags capacity, I also like them and want to know if they fit:

2 sport pants
6 pair of sock
3 wife underwear
3 me underwear
2 shorts
3 man t-shirts
3-woman t-shirts.
1 pair of slippers
Thanks

·
Registered
676 Posts
fz6yamaha said:
2 sport pants
6 pair of sock
3 wife underwear
3 me underwear
2 shorts
3 man t-shirts
3-woman t-shirts.
1 pair of slippers
I can fit all that stuff in ONE of the side hardcases on my wife's. LOL We usually have plenty of room for souvenirs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just found out from another FZ6 owner that those tourmaster soft bags will wear the paint off your grab handles if the bag straps are allowed to contact them which is how the bags are designed to lie. I think I may be rethinking that tail bag instead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts