1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
For those that cannot get into the Sun-Sentinel. That is sad... I can't see how the baby would have died... I guess I would not want to see pics of the accident either.

Baby dies, 2 injured as motorcycle collides with car in Deerfield

sun-sentinel.com
Posted June 8 2005, 1:19 AM EDT

A baby girl was killed and two adults were injured after a motorcycle collided with a car late Tuesday night in Deerfield Beach.

Lafontant Saint-Bien, 32, of Pompano Beach was riding a 2005 Suzuki motorcycle westbound on NE 48th street at about 10:22 p.m.

As Saint-Bien, who was wearing a helmet, neared the Grace Baptist Church at 501 NE 48th Street, a 4-door Chevrolet Cavalier driven by Erica Heide, 26, of was pulling out of the church's parking lot to turn east on NE 48th Street, according to the Broward Sheriff's Office.

Saint-Bien's motorcycle collided with the car on the driver's side door.

Heide's daughter, 20-month old Kaylee Haneline, was in the back seat of the Chevrolet, secured in a child safety seat, according to BSO.

The baby was transported to Broward General Medical Center by helicopter where she was pronounced dead.

Heide and Saint-Bien were transported to North Broward Medical Center. Their conditions were not immediately available.

The Broward Sheriff's Office continues to investigate.

The Broward Medical Examiner's office will determine the exact cause of death.

·
wuka man
849 Posts
wtf? Sad indeed. RIP

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
Very sad...sadly enough that people don't judge the speed of oncoming traffic. I had two people pull in front of me yesterday just like that. As luck would have it, I was able to swerve to the other lane to avoid them...

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
WOW but who was at fault?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I am wondering how the passenger was killed? Did the driver of the car run into something? There are a lot of holes in that story...in any case RIP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts