Sport Bikes banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
nurider said:
I was in my car heading north on 100, across from the Wawa near Rt. 22 & 100. He was heading south on his bike. I saw him and told myself I'd harass him on the forum as he seemed to be headed home. Strangely enough, it was a fluke I was in my car; it was a toss up between taking the car or the bike. Had I been on the bike, I'd have seen him and gone riding with him.

The accident occured south of Macungie, at the S turn just before 100 meets 29.

OMG. I know exactly where this is at. It says he lived in Mertztown. Do you know if he went to Kutztown high? I might have known him.

So sad. R.I.P.

I copied this to Open forums so others may see it that knew him. He was big into racing right?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Rest in Peace. My condolences to his family and friends.

I really hate to hear about things like this, but it really makes me think before I go for a ride. Kind of a selfish thing to say, I know.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Rascus said:
OMG. I know exactly where this is at. It says he lived in Mertztown. Do you know if he went to Kutztown high? I might have known him.

So sad. R.I.P.

I copied this to Open forums so others may see it that knew him. He was big into racing right?

Don't know where he went to school.
Yes, he was into racing.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I have already posted but this is very sad to hear. He will be missed by many. R.I.P. Lance.

If you guys want this to be a sticky let me know.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
dennisred69 said:
I have already posted but this is very sad to hear. He will be missed by many. R.I.P. Lance.

If you guys want this to be a sticky let me know.
Dennis, that would be nice.

I just came back from the funeral. Very emotional, very sad, very unreal, and so very wrong. There were a bunch of guys there; all riding buddies.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
nurider said:
Dennis, that would be nice.

I just came back from the funeral. Very emotional, very sad, very unreal, and so very wrong. There were a bunch of guys there; all riding buddies.
Not a problem. :beer

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Officer told me about this last night. I purchased some tires for my Kat from him. Sad news...

R.I.P.>>Lance

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the utter pleasure to share a garage and beer with lance a few times. He was just the nicest guy you could meet. He was always easy with the tips , the laughs and the beer. A very nice man , our last track day at Beaver Run we talked about him coming to Mid Ohio next year . I will miss you man

·
Old format SBN user
6 Posts
Been awhile since I've been on this board. I wish I didn't have to come back under these circumstances. This is the place where I first 'met' Lance. I was a lurker and infrequent poster, and the local crew of riders hung out here. It wasn't until a year or so later, that I actually got to know Lance enough to call him a friend. Now 5 years later, all I have are the good memories we shared. Thanks to places like this, he was my friend.

Now for the hard part. No pressure here guys. Just didn't want to exclude anyone that may have been a part of his life.

If anyone would like to donate money in Lance's memory, some of his close friends and I, have set up an account. We would like to do something nice for the family so that they can remember Lance as we all knew him.

Donations in memory of Lance can be paypal'd to: [email protected]

If you would like to send a check or money order:
For Lance Fund
c/o J. Kelly Grike
1912 Alberta Drive
Whitehall, PA 18052

All donations will remain anonymous, and all money will go to the family in either gift or cash form.

Thank you all,
Kel

·
THE BIG CHEEZE
2,744 Posts
:( I just found out about this today... I put something up for him in the fallen riders section.

He never got to come along to the November CSBA ride, I desperately wished he would have came now... :(

RIP brother!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
To this day, every time that I drive through that S curve on Route 100, I think of Lance....
I think that I only met him in person once at a Reduc track event, but the tragic accident that took his life pops into my mind every time that I drive that section of the road.
Rest in peace fellow rider.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts