1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Im hoping BMW keep their promises. BMW is stating, that this particular bike will be able to compete with all other brands on all levels, including price. Are we talking a price range of $12-15.000? That is what I would consider a reasonable price tag if this bike is to be comparable to that of a new CBR, ZX-14 or even Busa. The additional $2-5.000 in price difference should be reflected in additional equipment, such as heated grips, ABS etc.
If BMW actually will honor their promises, I will be amongst the first to preorder a model for track and make my K12S my commuter.
I've heard spec's are in the 190hp/190kg - thats a weight ratio of 1/1!!! Stock! This is all very exciting and I think this bike has a shot for BMW to re-enter, and hopefully win some of the MotoGP Championships.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I cannot wait for it to come out in March! I already told my boss that I will need to take leave to go see this bike...I do not care how far I have to drive lol. This bike looks just plain awesome, I love the carbon fiber look.

As far as the price...well if you take a stock Japanese bike and then all the goodies....you are probably going to end up paying that much anyway. But I am not sure about BMW's head shed thinking that it is going to dominate the sales floor. For some reason not a lot of people want to spend that much money up front, but instead will buy a 4K bike....and then spend another 10K on chrome, lowering kits ect (shudder)...hence you do not see a lot of Ducs out there when you go to bike nights.

I was drooling over the KTM RC8 which is my current screen saver.....that may change lol.

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
I cannot wait for it to come out in March! I already told my boss that I will need to take leave to go see this bike...I do not care how far I have to drive lol. This bike looks just plain awesome, I love the carbon fiber look.
It's not going to come out in March, at least not in the US. Officially there is no set date for US pricing and delivery. Per my dealer today, they have been told to expect a showroom demos in the November timeframe, with deliverable bikes around this time next year.

KeS

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
^ Correct; it comes out in march here in Germany.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
LOL I knew you would figure it out!

I am in the Army, and decided I needed an extended European vacation so I could go to a few Moto GP races.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
El Cajon Blvd., but yes. However, they just moved last week. They're now up off of Kearny Mesa, across the freeway from the Harley dealership and right next to Fun Bike Center.

KeS
Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm glad they finally moved. That 'hood was going downhill fast. Dammit, I miss San Diego.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts