Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here they are! BMW took it for a ride, and someone got some pictures of it!

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Road racing Motorcycle racer

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycling Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycling

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
327 Posts
It looks nice but for some reasons it looks like he is sitting really high up which also means there is a lot of stress on the forearms.

·
Registered
576 Posts
i hope the bottom fairing extends to cover the cat in the final production version. either that or i'll have to paint the cat a high temp mat black.

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
That thing is dirty as hell. If your gonna be riding a brand new bike in the streets, atleast give it a wash.

It's called roadtesting for a reason.

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
I like it, I like it ALOT.

Albeit that riding position looks uber harsh lol

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm just not a fan of this bike.......It looks like every other Jap bike out there.. I would have thought BMW could have done something a ton better for whatever their high $$ will be.

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
I use to think the same, hell I actually was dead serious in thinking Yamaha developed the aero parts parts for them for a while. But now that I've been checking it out more you can tell it was done by bayerische motoren werkes themselves, that front fascia is very BMW.

I love that exhaust, looks great.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
It looks nice but for some reasons it looks like he is sitting really high up which also means there is a lot of stress on the forearms.
You mean legs, abs & lower back.... you don't put any pressure at all on your forearms if you're sitting properly. Loose as a goose from the chest to your fingertips.

That thing is dirty as hell. If your gonna be riding a brand new bike in the streets, atleast give it a wash.
They do it on purpose... the street version hasn't been released yet & they don't want it catching people's eyes when they're out testing it.
Same reasoning behind the funky paint scheme, it breaks up the lines of the bike so you can't immediately tell what it is. If I saw that bike from a distance I'd just think it was another GSXR or something.

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Tail looks like a yami but front looks like a bmw to me. Oh and the swingarm ... I like what I see.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'm just not a fan of this bike.......It looks like every other Jap bike out there.. I would have thought BMW could have done something a ton better for whatever their high $$ will be.
Well, first off, this bike was never intended to cater aesthetically. It was created to re-launch BMW into a serious competition in the AMA and, with time, in MotoGP. BMW borrowed the fairings and cowl from a Yamaha R1 during the early days of testing, but they have, as the pictures show, made their own plastics by now. The Japanese have almost perfected the art of high speed racing and so what is wrong with borrowing some of their hard-learned lessons from the track? I dont see anything wrong in that shortcut.
In regards to the price of the S1000RR, I dont think you will pay more than maybe $12-14K for this bike. Thats cheap considered its high performance. We will start seeing this bike in the showrooms around Fall 2009. But its BMW, so it may be later :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Well, first off, this bike was never intended to cater aesthetically. It was created to re-launch BMW into a serious competition in the AMA and, with time, in MotoGP. BMW borrowed the fairings and cowl from a Yamaha R1 during the early days of testing, but they have, as the pictures show, made their own plastics by now. The Japanese have almost perfected the art of high speed racing and so what is wrong with borrowing some of their hard-learned lessons from the track? I dont see anything wrong in that shortcut.
In regards to the price of the S1000RR, I dont think you will pay more than maybe $12-14K for this bike. Thats cheap considered its high performance. We will start seeing this bike in the showrooms around Fall 2009. But its BMW, so it may be later :)
Never figured BMW to be a "copycat", they have always been the front runners of innovation. And in addition, I know $12-$14 is not expensive for a Bimmer, but for a half ass Jap wanna be, I wouldn't pay even $8k for it. You gotta figure it's gonna have a shit ton of flaws they need to work out. And the price range will put it in Ducati range which given the choice, we all know which way %99.99 of the people would go.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Never figured BMW to be a "copycat", they have always been the front runners of innovation. And in addition, I know $12-$14 is not expensive for a Bimmer, but for a half ass Jap wanna be, I wouldn't pay even $8k for it. You gotta figure it's gonna have a shit ton of flaws they need to work out. And the price range will put it in Ducati range which given the choice, we all know which way %99.99 of the people would go.
Wow, you sure seem to know a lot about BMW's..........

and by "a lot" I mean "jack shit"

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Well ATL Gixxer,
I dont know about you, but since there are no real pictures available of how the S1000RR is going to look come next Fall, I will await my judgement of the aesthetics. Of course there are bugs when new releases arrive, but hopefully BMW is able to catch most of them before releasing the bike. The three year warranty plan should help alleviate most concerns with buying first and second year production models. If you still do not see a reason to test ride the S1000RR, that is completely your decision. I am by no means saying that you need to buy a Beemer, but to desecrate a bike based on so little knowledge is almost ridiculous. Thats just my opinion, dear friend.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Yup... HIDEOUS!!!

[/sarcasm]

Regardless of what it looks like, looks are subjective... the fact that you know nothing about this bike & are just spouting off to ruffle some feathers is not. Stop reinforcing the "gixxah" owner stereotype.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yup... HIDEOUS!!!

[/sarcasm]

Regardless of what it looks like, looks are subjective... the fact that you know nothing about this bike & are just spouting off to ruffle some feathers is not. Stop reinforcing the "gixxah" owner stereotype.
I am not trying ruffle anything......And believe me, I'm going to have to take a test ride when it comes out. I'm actually a fan of Bimmer bikes, and the cars as well(had a 325ic, now own a '08 328), I just don't see the balance of refinement and power I expect in a BMW labeled product. BMW has always been someone who didn't follow the curve but more so set it. That's all.

And posting that pic is unfair!!! Anything looks hot in all carbon fiber!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts