Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
S. FL Twisty rides/roads - Video

I live up in tampa and have been able to find plenty of nice roads within a short distance of home. My family lives down in Delray and I was planning on either towing or riding my bike down for the weekend. Do any of you meetup and hunt down the curves on the weekends? From what I remember I didn't find a whole bunch... Maybe I wasn't looking in the right places or is that how it is and you have to head down to the track in Miami or West Palm?

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
We ride every Sunday and take my word for we have hunted down all the twisries that there are in SF. There aren't many so we have been there and done that. Come out to one of the Sunday rides and see for yourself.

See ya!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yes there are plenty of twisties here they are called on/off ramps

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
DreadJockey1 said:
+1 :headbang

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
DreadJockey1 said:
Wev'e got this one hear in Tampa, Clover Leaf. It is an On/Off ramp for a major interchange where you can practice right hand turns all day. You have your own lane so it doesn't dump you right into 70mph traffic either. It's a blast, but you have to go find somewhere to unwind in the other direction.

I will dig up an old video that was shot out there last year.

Video

Do you have anything similar to it down there?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Cool Beans

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
41ants said:
Wev'e got this one hear in Tampa, Clover Leaf. It is an On/Off ramp for a major interchange where you can practice right hand turns all day. You have your own lane so it doesn't dump you right into 70mph traffic either. It's a blast, but you have to go find somewhere to unwind in the other direction.

I will dig up an old video that was shot out there last year.

Video

Do you have anything similar to it down there?
Thats funny.....you still have to worry about merging traffic and do you ever get harrased by the police for that?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually get bored with it before cops come and bug us. The best time is early in the AM on a sat or sun. I willl hit it sometimes and night, but eh mosquitos/bugs are bad and annoy the hell out of you when you are trying to get your lean on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
my god if that was the only twisties i had to ride id shoot myself.... that video made me dizzie.... instead of trailering to south florida you should trailer up north. I used to live in fort lauderdale so i know there is nothing.. maybe the 595 and 84 ramp loops but thats about it... i feel for ya...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts