Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take from: DC Sportbikes.com

That's right folks. 211 now features rumble strips before sharper turns... at least on the East Side of the mountain.

The rumble strips are painted white, and likewise, there are huge arrows giving one a heads up on the direction of upcoming turns.

We passed it on our Noob ride today. Maybe someone has pics. We didn't pass the West Side, so I don't know the status of that side.
Here is what it looks like!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I swear, you are always late with info. I mean reeeaaallll late! :twofinger

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rode there Sun.
They aren't in every corner.
After the first set I didn't even notice them.
Far enough in front of the corner not to be a problem.
None on the west side...

·
Registered
30 Posts
What big Steve said!! Unless you are a complete jackass they don't really cause a problem. I was up there Sat. for a bit and had a blast. Couldn't believe that there was no traffic or LEOs. Sometimes things just work out that way.

Anyone taking odds on how long before they start doing the same things on 33??? I can see changes on that road coming before the end of this season!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
The strips are not over all the turns. In fact, when I was there this Sunday, I only noticed a couple sets of them. The tight corners were still free.

Also, I know you heard about the bad accident on 33 Sunday. I was in that group. It was real close to becoming fatal. In fact, this morning, I am taking off from work to ride down to the hospital in Charlottesville, Va to see the rider. From the reports he is coming along ok, a bad concussion, and a bad compound multiple fracture of the leg.

ceh

·
Registered
30 Posts
Damn...I should have a problem with them!
See I was using the jackass ratio calculator that said you were only 30% jackass. The only things that added to your jackass quotient were
1. I have witnessed you do wheelies on public highways....but you got goodboy points awarded for there being no traffic and you were not in a school zone.
2. You bought a freakin cruiser!!!
Now it could of been worse. You would of lost even more points if the cruiser would of been either a Beemer (Adventure Tourer) or a Harley.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hooli-Ken said:
See I was using the jackass ratio calculator that said you were only 30% jackass. The only things that added to your jackass quotient were
1. I have witnessed you do wheelies on public highways....but you got goodboy points awarded for there being no traffic and you were not in a school zone.
2. You bought a freakin cruiser!!!
Now it could of been worse. You would of lost even more points if the cruiser would of been either a Beemer (Adventure Tourer) or a Harley.
Me wheelie????
I'm old and fat. :D
I just bought a GSXR1000 to be my track biotch.
Does that help offset the cruiser? :twofinger

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hooli-Ken said:
Exxxceeelllennnt!!!!
Why so your old slow ass can get spanked by the motards.. :twofinger
I'm old and slow.
Wouldn't even take a motard to beat me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts