Sport Bikes banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to register an Aprilia RS125 in the states and use it as a canyon rider? I dont think it is but i dont know why...

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
It would probably be pretty hard. RS250s are more viable because they have been around here before, it would probably be a lot easier and even possibly cheaper. I have never seen a rs125 in the states, but I have seen a couple 250s.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So you can register an rs250 and ride it on the street... I was wondering since they are 2 strokes if they are street legal..

·
Registered
791 Posts
Aren't these bikes two strokes... Two stroke street bike :3eek I would love one haha, nothing beats a good two stroke.

·
Duc(k)
2,001 Posts
I have seen a few Rs's regestered here in the states. I dont know how hard it would be to do that tough. And yes a 2 smoker for the street would be awsome.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
frunko1 said:
nothing beats a good two stroke.
Actually I prefer a nice 4 stroke, but if she has a good technique I may only make it to the 3 stroke.......Wait....did I just say that out loud.....

·
Drink! Drink! DRINK!!!
286 Posts
I've wondered about this too (Aprilia Shiver is OMGSEXY). Wouldn't getting a foreign bike legal be the same as getting a custom bike legal? i.e. as long as it passes the inspection requirements, does it matter that it's EU spec?

Of course, that EU spec might keep it from passing your local inspection, especially in California. I don't know which standard is tougher.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I know a number of aprilla 125's on the street

www.usgpru.com

as well as any number os 2 smoke dedicated sites can hook you up.

I have a kenny roberts replica rz350 for sale if you want

if interested go to my website in my sig and email me

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jehos said:
I've wondered about this too (Aprilia Shiver is OMGSEXY). Wouldn't getting a foreign bike legal be the same as getting a custom bike legal? i.e. as long as it passes the inspection requirements, does it matter that it's EU spec?

Of course, that EU spec might keep it from passing your local inspection, especially in California. I don't know which standard is tougher.
I'm not sure about bikes but I have brought some cars into the states from EU and Japan, the DoT will hassle you non stop about the safety and emissions. I can tell you how to get through customs legaly w/o doing the DOT stuff, shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so as long as it will pass my states inspection it is ok to drive on the street and get registered. Because when I get back to idaho i think i might drive up to canada and try to find one...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't think Idaho does either but im not sure

1 - 17 of 17 Posts