Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 1 10.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bout isn't until October 1st, but who do you think will win this time. I'm pulling for Jones even though he hasn't shown much the last few fights. I just didn't like how Tarver won by what looked to be a lucky punch last time. Jones better come with it this time, or he'll be compaired to a one Mike Tyson from then on.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I will go Roy Jones as well. I think comparing Roy Jones to Tyson isnt fair to Jones. He was and is a much better fighter than Tyson ever was, he is past his prime. All great fighters have come to this.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
Tarver all the way.... he's going to paralize Jones this time. .

·
Registered
535 Posts
theres no such thing as a lucky punch, he threw the punch, it landed, goodnight roy jones...

as far as jones/tarver 3 goes, roy jones has been to inactive, commenting on friday night fights and all. tarver will take the 3rd

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Tarver is the better fighter...but like Tarver himself even said he went into the 2nd fight like a caged dog, with everything on the line. Now that caged dog is Roy Jones...whatever the outcome, it'll be a good fight.

Tarver> :bitchslap<Roy Jones

:)

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Yea, Roy needs to just stay home. I like Roy and think he's a great fighter but he's done for. Time for someone else to take over.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have always liked Roy Jones Jr. Sometimes he came off as being arrogent(sorry for the spelling). But him losing to Tarver I think humbled him. I would love to see them fight again and I will be going fof Roy, but you won't have to worry about me betting any money on the fight.

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
I’m pulling for Jones although Tarver has turned into a pretty decent fighter over the last year and a half. I think he is taking it a bit more seriously now than he did in the past.

Regardless of the outcome if Jones is smart he'll step away after this one. Hell, Tarver should too, he's not exactly young either. A lot of boxers have moved up in class like Jones did but the move back down is hard. It’s hard to get your quickness back once it’s gone. Hopefully he can do it. There are a lot of people out there that are having their day now that he has legitimately lost a few fights. Hopefully he can have them eating crow pie again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts