Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding my silver 04 for the past year (13,000) and attending a couple of Rally's ( America 911 ride ) and ( Daytona '05 ) . This season I've caught myself with a wandering eye. It all started with the Bike Show at the Javits center in NYC earlier this year. I have talked myself out of doing anything drastic because I do really appreciate the FZ6. I have dealt with the TPS problem and even have gotten over my local Yamaha dealer where I bought the bike going out of business. I have been dealing with a Kawi Suzuki cert. dealer for repairs and have really started to inquire more and more about the SV1000S. It is a good looking bike and that Kawi 636 is sharp. Anybody else out there spot anything that might spark their interest and restled with the idea of moving on..... RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well, I moved on to a Suzuki DL650 V-Strom not so much because the FZ6 was a bad bike, but because the DL fit me, my skills and the type of riding I do better than the Yamaha. I guess a lot of it depends on what you want as a rider. I wanted more low-end grunt, less top-end surge and a clutch with a wider friction zone. If I could have easily fixed those things, I probably would have kept the FZ6. In other words, wrong bike for me.

So, the questions you should ask yourself are:
1. Am I happy with the FZ6? If not, what are the things I'm not happy about and can they be corrected?
2. Is there something out there that better suits how/where I ride?
3. Am I looking to change just for the sake of change?

One other thing to consider: The FZ6 is one hell of a good bike, so make damn sure you get something that's a step up from the FZ6. In other words, don't throw a bunch of money away just for the sake of change! It would really suck to take a step sideways! :bitchslap

Best of luck to you whichever way you go! :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Patpuma said:
One other thing to consider: The FZ6 is one hell of a good bike, so make damn sure you get something that's a step up from the FZ6. In other words, don't throw a bunch of money away just for the sake of change! It would really suck to take a step sideways! :bitchslap

Best of luck to you whichever way you go! :)

Or worse, a step back.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Every once in a while, I get the hankering for a big twin sport bike. I usually go spend a few hundred bucks on goodies for the FZ6 and the urge goes away for a little bit. Looking at other FZ6s (yeah, I'm talking about you Mike), I can work this strategy for a LONG while yet. :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
fraggle1 said:
Every once in a while, I get the hankering for a big twin sport bike. I usually go spend a few hundred bucks on goodies for the FZ6 and the urge goes away for a little bit. Looking at other FZ6s (yeah, I'm talking about you Mike), I can work this strategy for a LONG while yet. :)
Yeah, Mike got his stuff in one fell swoop, so now he's screwed :lol

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
bugduc said:
Yeah, Mike got his stuff in one fell swoop, so now he's screwed :lol
He got all his stuff at once before learning to ride the bike. Now that he's got the toys, he's learning how to use them to their fullest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts