Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday's Repsol Superstock Final - DNF

Geoff had a violent highside crash on the first lap of the Superstock final in turn three. He also got tangled up with the bike in the crash. "We didn't have the rear tire warmer on but about five minutes," said Geoff. "Unfortunately for me, I got probably one of the best starts I've ever had. I went around the outside of a bunch of guys in turn one, I was up behind Aaron Gobert. I got into three, got on the gas, and it just went sideways. I almost saved it for a second, but it pitched me over the top. The next thing I know, I'm upside down on my head, and the bike landed on top of me. My leg got wedged up in the swingarm. The bike drug me off the track, just pounding my leg."

Sunday's Chevrolet Superbike Final - 10th Place

Things went from bad to worse for Geoff, when he crashed in Sunday morning Superbike warm-up. "I made a mistake this morning," said Geoff. "I was running pretty well, then I decided to come in and I backed off a little bit. I went up the hill to turn six, I didn't make the normal downshift, and I pitched the bike in. I ran wide and went out in the dirt. The wall was coming at me, I was on the rear brake, and I hit the wall and it spit me off so hard. I whacked the tire wall and it knocked the wind out of me. It destroyed the front end of the bike, it was so twisted. Luckily, Suzuki cam up with some (triple) clamps for me. Tim worked all day on the bike. I went and saw Doctor Bob and he got me all loosened up for the race. I just put my race face on and went out there and did it. I was just trying as hard as I could, I wasn't gonna give up. Another top ten finish. I knew it was in reach, I just went for it. The pain kinda went away. It wasn't hurting while I was riding, I just couldn't physically make the bike do what I wanted it to do."

Geoff May is supported by Prieto Racing, Cornerspeed Schools, Pirelli Tires, Ohlins USA, Hotbodiesracing.com, Arai Helmets, Ti Force Exhausts, SBS Brake Pads, Vortex Racing, VP Fuels, GMD Computrack, Mike Embry and Dennis the Plumber.

Read more at http://www.2wf.com

·
Registered
522 Posts
Maybe Yosh Suzuki will finally dump Yates and put May in next year in Superbike, that would be great to see a Privateer finally move up so quickly the the AMA SBK ranks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts