Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to all, i've got an 02 f4i that i've been hearing a noise from the front wheel lately. I've been doing some reading and I think it could be a warped rotor, because when stopped it shakes just a bit, but the main problem is slowing down without braking, from 40-50mph just coasting down theres a very noticable sound from the front wheel. I say coasting because that's the only time i can really hear it over the exhaust, the sound is noticably spinning if that's any help... Is this still a warped rotor or could this be something else? Thanks for the help in advance.

Edit- Problem fixed, new problem with radiator, check last post!

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
The easiest way to tell if a rotor is bent is if the brake lever pulses while you are on the brakes.

If there is a sound when you are NOT on the brakes, it is most likely something else. It could be a bad wheel bearing or something. I'd pull that wheel off there and check the rotors for straightness and check the wheel bearings real quick. Should not take very long.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help man, Ima do that pretty soon. I wish I could point out the exact noise/problem. Like I said there's a small pulsing while breaks are applied,but when realesed and coasting a sound that's spinning with the wheel. But ill tear it apart and see what the deal is! Probably both with my luck.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
even a glazed over rotor can cause a pulsing. so you can't just rule it as being bent if you feel it.

usually though a bent rotor will shove the pad away from the rotor. so the next time you grab the brake it has more travel to it than it should.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bleh, new problem. Today i pulled into my house, only to notice radiator fluid leaking rapidly from the bottom of my bike, dripping from the radiator. I'll try to get pictures if possible, just curious as what the hell i could have done. But it's weird, the mounting bolt on top of radiator looks like it was pressured to go down which bent the radiator. Weird... Any suggestions??? I swear its one thing after another lol

·
needs another beer
2,885 Posts
where exactly is it leaking from on the radiator and what did you do to cause it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts