Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Thats pretty cool....little more respect for the guy!

·
Registered
926 Posts
im not a smoker, not a fan of smoking...but if a tobacco company wants to sponsor a race team, let them. pretty cool that he turns down money for something he belives in...although its not like he doesnt have/already making enough as it is

·
Registered
569 Posts
The only reason I'd want tobacco banned is to remove the temptation.

·
Registered
926 Posts
i dont see what temptation tobacco has...it smells like shit, tastes like shit and gives you (well atleast me) headaches. the buzz isnt even that cool...

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
i totally didnt take into consideration the fact of not being able to show tobacco logos in most countries. so that means that when it finally comes into the US, they wont have any tobacco logos displayed here either. thats nutty.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I would say that there are probably many worse things about Repsol than Altadis. Big tobacco may push cancer-causing products to well-aware consumers but big oil tends to motivate conflict to people that are often oblivious (*achem* Iraq). Not to mention most oil by-products are also cancer-causing in nature. Hmm, which is the worse of the two?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Good for Rossi as I have never smoked in my life, never touched liquor, or illegal drugs & this is not a religious belief of mine as I am not religious.

Just that I never knew what the nagging headaches came from for I grew up with them, medication for them that did not work, glasses for them & a failure. Big drive on in the Province of B.C. Cdn., about no smoking in public buildings.

Both my parents were very, very heavy smokers. Both die due to cancer from smoking. I no longer have said nagging headaches. Seems I was effected by "Second-Hand Tobacco Smoke" only no one heard of that till some yrs back.

I often wondered when I was in hospitals & being checked on they would ask how many pkgs of cigarettes I smoked a day & when I said "I have never smoked in my like" I would see their surprised looks.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Great article, Rossi is a man of integrity. I always wondered why he signed with Yamaha/Fortuna/Gaulouises when he always said he hated tobacco, I guess this is the reason why. I can't wait to see next years Team Yamaha scheme.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wescoas1 said:
I would say that there are probably many worse things about Repsol than Altadis. Big tobacco may push cancer-causing products to well-aware consumers but big oil tends to motivate conflict to people that are often oblivious (*achem* Iraq). Not to mention most oil by-products are also cancer-causing in nature. Hmm, which is the worse of the two?
I see what you're saying, but doesn't Repsol just manufacture motor oil? A specialty motor oil company hardly qualifies as "big oil" in the same way as Gauloises/Fortuna qualifies as "big tabacco".

I'm just bitching because Rossi rocks, don't mind me :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Lok said:
Great article, Rossi is a man of integrity. I always wondered why he signed with Yamaha/Fortuna/Gaulouises when he always said he hated tobacco, I guess this is the reason why. I can't wait to see next years Team Yamaha scheme.
that might be a little tidbit of why he left honda. but he signed with yamaha because 1) to prove to the world he is the best...not the bike. 2) more money

·
Registered
35 Posts
:dblthumb If Rossi doesn't want to race for a certain sponsor it is his right.

I think Yamaha should show a little more respect for their sponsors by not saying that the 54 million they got is just a tip compared to what they spent in r & d. So what, the 54 mil is better than nothing, ask if Kenney Robers wants the 54 mil. I bet yes.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think that it is great that he is standing up for what he believes and that Yamaha is backing him on it......

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Yeah, kudos to Rossi! Smoking has always been a pet-peeve of mine, and Europe is VERY PRO-SMOKING. Smoking is allowed everywhere, even in cell phone stores and office buildings. You go down to the local electronics store (ala Circuit City), and people are walking around smoking. That's one of the things I hate about this place.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I do not know about the States or other countries, but here in Cdn it use to amaze me when one found doctors & nurses wandering around in the hospitals right in front of their patients. Stopped some yrs ago but it was that bad here.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
It's pathetic watching people fight demons that don't exist.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts