Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get this guy some anger mangemant classes :bitchslap

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) -- Texas Rangers pitcher Kenny Rogers had another run-in with a cameraman Monday when he turned himself in on misdemeanor assault charges stemming from an earlier tirade against two cameramen.

The three-time All-Star, who is appealing a 20-game suspension and $50,000 fine, was released after posting $1,500 bond.

Rogers jawed at a cameraman for Dallas-Fort Worth television station WFAA as he was booked into the county jail. Just as with the incident that led to the charges, the exchange was caught on tape.

WFAA reported on its Web site Monday that photographer Mike Zukerman was videotaping the procedure when Rogers turned to him and said, ``You're getting really close; you know that? Do you hear me?''

A few seconds later, Rogers again turned to the camera, saying, ``You must be pretty proud of yourself, too.''

After Zukerman replied, ``It's just my job, Kenny,'' Rogers responded: ``Yeah. Your job. That's just your excuse.''

The Rangers declined to comment, referring questions to Rogers' attorney, who didn't return a telephone call.

On June 29, Rogers lashed out at two cameramen as they taped him walking to the field for pregame stretching. The episode led to one of those cameramen, Larry Rodriguez of KDFW, being treated at a hospital after the camera was ripped from his hands and thrown to the ground.

Rogers apologized a week later, saying the incident was out of character and would never happen again.

Gilfour said Fox Sports -- which owns the camera Rogers damaged in the shoving of Rodriguez -- has declined to press criminal charges.

Arlington police spokeswoman Christy Gilfour said Rogers faces a charge of assault with injury in the shoving of Rodriguez. She also said police will mail an assault citation to Rogers' attorney for shoving Fox Sports Net Southwest cameraman David Mammeli.

The assault charge involving Rodriguez is punishable by up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $4,000. The other charge is punishable by a fine of up to $500.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
None of this really surprises me. He has seemed like a jerk-off all of his career. With all their millions you think they could deal with a few cameras now and again. What a douche bag!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Comes with the job Mr. Rogers , if you can't handle it get the fuggout

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Dan'sR1 said:
None of this really surprises me. He has seemed like a jerk-off all of his career. With all their millions you think they could deal with a few cameras now and again. What a douche bag!
I guess they're only human, but that's not a viable excuse. Fuck it. I'd deal with all the cameras in the world if they paid me one of those high-end salaries too.

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
i root for the rangers and think rogers needs to shut up and should not of appealed the 20 game suspension.

(20 games = 5 starts)suspension is a joke IMHO.

·
Don't Mess With Texas
324 Posts
I don't know why Tarrant County allowed a camera man in their jail book in anyway. What Rogers did was wrong, but if you or I were booked there wouldnt be any cameras in there other than jail surveillance cameras.
I'm starting to sympathize for the guy (I admit he does have a problem) because the poor bastard couldn't even get booked into jail w/o a camera in his grill.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
I second that jluu. He was caught on camera and still doesn't have the common sense to just accept the punishment.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
He didn't appeal it. The Players' Union appeals all suspensions automatically; and they appealed Rodgers' suspension. I think the players can actually withdraw the appeal without input from the union though.

I thought he was going to slug that cameraman that walked by him, photographing him at the All-Star game.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The guy who was in there filming him at the station was the SAME one he roughed up on the initial charges

1 - 10 of 10 Posts