Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
13 motorsports
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all i can say is wow that is incredible! i had an absolute blast, and there are some very good people who ride there, definitely something to work toward. I went with four other guys from my area, one of them has a brand new 3-week old cbr1000rr with 807 miles on it. after half the day i brought out my video camera to get some shots of him. the very first corner we shot and the first time he came down he entered the corner doing about 60-65 held it through half the corner, then lowsided and slid into the guardrail. fortunately he was just fine, full leathers and gloves and boots, but the bike is a complete loss. best part is though that i got it all on video :D
there was also a photographer there who got shots of the crash. check em out at www.palomarpics.net go to the pictures page, then the sportbikes page, then june, then to june 27th pics, check out the last few pictures on page 10 and the pics on page 11- also there's a shot of me on there, page 10 first column and the sixth one down, on the silver 636 yeah yeah i suck and i need boots :( but i was having a blast, oh and i need gloves too:) in the video of his crash the last 30 ft of sliding before he hit the guardrail he is visibly holding up his upper half with his hands, and i swear his gloves don't have a mark on them! :D
Anyway just wanted to let you all know what fun i had! definitely going to get some real gear and go back again.

also some harley guy demolished his bike down near the bottom of the mountain, he buried the thing in a dirt bank, and ripped a street sign clean outta the ground! he didn't look like he was having a good time anymore :(

aight everyone have fun and keep riding safe!

p.s. let me know if i'm missing some information, or any questions you want to ask go right ahead.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
niccceeee....and we wonder why our ins. is so high........great fun, till someone looses and eye......:rolleyes

·
13 motorsports
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
RACER X said:
niiiiiccce....and we wonder why our ins. is so high........great fun, until someone loses an eye......:rolleyes:
ha, holy cow you have to be one of the most pessimistic people i've ever read. don't get me wrong i've lurked around these forums for a few years and a lot of times your posts make me laugh, but man i don't think i've seen a positive thing said in over 6 months, are you married? not trying to get too personal or anything just wondering if you say things like that every time your wife does something bad.

why not say, "good thing he's ok and had the sense of mind to be wearing full leathers and such." i dunno something like that- positivity is a state of mind my man. you have to see the brighter side of things! :D

oh and i fixed your post too ;)

EDIT: oh and i would put up the vid, but i don't have the equipment to do so. that kent guy may get my camera from me and put up the vid though, i'll keep ya informed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sounds like you had fun. Just be careful on the mountain, especially the tight side. P-momma doesn't like virgins. :) Glad the other rider came out ok. I love riding palomar too.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
i prefer realist........btw, yeah im married and she rides as well......and she doesn't crash either. ;)

·
Sandbox hater!!
629 Posts
Well glad he is ok and that you guys had fun. And to Racer X I guess you or your wife have never crashed huh. And if you haven't I guess that is because your ok with just being satisfied with not gettting any better. Because to get better you have to some times push it a little. I see you have track time although must not be much because that pic in your atvar doesn't show much lean. I mean you may call me a squid or what ever I am not I dont show boat and I just love to ride. But sadly you look like one of those MSF coaches that is so into the safety aspect that you dont ever push it. And yes you are a realist so am I and I know the only way to get better is ride and practice pushing the bar up a little more at a time. But anyway back on the subject. Sorry to screw up your thread 04ZX but your right he doesn't have anything good to say. I dont claim to know it all but he just sounds like a 40 something guy that has no business on a bike you sound like you love your car and seat belts. And if that is the case than why have a motorcycle??? They are dangerous plain and simple no matter how many classes you have tought if a car pulls out in front of you; you can do all the swerve drills you want cones don't hurt. Anyway sorry again. But I hope one day to see you out there I am not ready yet to go out there I am not good enough and have no pants. But glad to see your having fun keep posting all the pics from each week so we can see your progress. Peace

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
CAJUN, just cuz you've been riding 2 mos and crash, doesn't mean you know jack about what riding is all about. it's nicer to have been riding then laid up in the hospital, cuz you were having fun. it's about a controlled risk, sure i've crashed......1x and i also have 50k in ~4yrs , you, 2 mos and your down........grow up a little.

·
Sandbox hater!!
629 Posts
Ok maybe I went off the deep end a little. And like I said I dont claim to know crap only what little I have experienced ( very little) and What the MSF class tought. But seriously most of you guys give newbees a hard time for wanting a 600cc bike now think back to when you were young didn't you want the coolest thing out there. Of course you did that is what being young and feeling invinsable is all about. I am in the Military and I know why they want young guys in the military cause they are young and stupid. I would like to know really what was your first bike?? Not the dirt bikes I see you are in Houston so I know you grew up on them as well as I did. Now be honest what was it and what was your age?? I see in your profile it says your are 36 and you said been riding for 4 years that means 32 so prolly the 650 right?? Or if not what kinda car did you own at 21?? Bet it was fast huh?? All I am saying is to give these guys myself included advice your obviously have experience then use it to teach not criticize you know men dont take that too well. But they will listen to get better.

·
Registered
304 Posts
cajunTLR said:
Ok maybe I went off the deep end a little. And like I said I dont claim to know crap only what little I have experienced ( very little) and What the MSF class tought. But seriously most of you guys give newbees a hard time for wanting a 600cc bike now think back to when you were young didn't you want the coolest thing out there. Of course you did that is what being young and feeling invinsable is all about. I am in the Military and I know why they want young guys in the military cause they are young and stupid. I would like to know really what was your first bike?? Not the dirt bikes I see you are in Houston so I know you grew up on them as well as I did. Now be honest what was it and what was your age?? I see in your profile it says your are 36 and you said been riding for 4 years that means 32 so prolly the 650 right?? Or if not what kinda car did you own at 21?? Bet it was fast huh?? All I am saying is to give these guys myself included advice your obviously have experience then use it to teach not criticize you know men dont take that too well. But they will listen to get better.
My first bike was a Suzuki GS500.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
the very first corner we shot and the first time he came down he entered the corner doing about 60-65 held it through half the corner, then lowsided and slid into the guardrail. fortunately he was just fine, full leathers and gloves and boots,
Now, I am not being a jerk, but was that 1000 this persons first bike?...
--I mean, I couldn't help but notice that he was only wearing sneakers, not boots...
--And he looks really young...(Before anyone flames me, this other site has a squid section, and he belongs in it)...
--And are sure that's not a 600?...Note the single outlet exhaust...
So maybe X has some validity to his usual claims on this one...Damn, did I just say that out loud????

BTW, that's a pretty kick azz site...Great pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
RACER X said:
niccceeee....and we wonder why our ins. is so high........great fun, till someone looses and eye......:rolleyes

yeah.. mine is so high $37..damn for full coverage too.. boo hoo

·
13 motorsports
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
sorry bro wrong page. that wasn't my friend who went down that was another lowside that happened earlier-check page 10 the very end and page 11- you're right though great site!

by the way, the 1000 wasn't the guy's first bike- he had a gsxr750 before that got stolen, but now he's thinking of going down to a 600 just because he's thinking about going track riding only, and he thinks he'd have more fun on a 6. we'll see though, personally i think he'll end up buying an r-1 ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
04zx6r said:
sorry bro wrong page. that wasn't my friend who went down that was another lowside that happened earlier-check page 10 the very end and page 11- you're right though great site!

by the way, the 1000 wasn't the guy's first bike- he had a gsxr750 before that got stolen, but now he's thinking of going down to a 600 just because he's thinking about going track riding only, and he thinks he'd have more fun on a 6. we'll see though, personally i think he'll end up buying an r-1 ;)
My bad.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts