Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Nice, those knee pucks look like mine. Even if I'm on a track with alot of lefts, I just feel more comfortable dragging my right knee than my left knee, just a mental block that I have to overcome. Looks like you had fun. Was that your first track day? It gets addictive, and you'll find your wallet will become alot lighter.

Jason

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it was great fun! It was my 1st but not my last.I signed up for 3 more.I can see how the wallet will suffer here.....lol but its worth it..

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I'm not real big on Gixxer knowledge, it looks like the 1000, is it? How well did your tires hold up? What kind are you running? How many laps did you get in? Did you see large improvement in your middle-last laps vs your first few laps. That's always the best feeling for me, dropping my lap time....oh, and beating GSXR-1000's....hehe, just messin with ya, all in good fun. Were there any good riders on small displacement bikes there passing you? Like 125's or 250's? I love seeing that, and I love doing it too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My tires held up well. We had 6 sessions (20min) ea.I never kept track of the laps but i did set my tripometer it read 113 miles at the end of the day.They were pretty melted but i rode fastest in the second session.I run the michilen pilots .Didnt have no 600's or 250 passing me.I rode the intermediate class. My bike is a gsxr1000 .I never own anything smaller so i seem to adapt to it well.I did see alot of fast guys on 600s in the advance class.

I was getting on the edge street riding and friends told me to do the track days.Im glad i did like i said its balls out and fun as hell....Oh i did pass some 600s.....lol :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts