Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my dad's friend brought over his '86 Honda Interceptor, damn thing is as old as I am and alot heavier. Anyways, the first time I sat on it I was surprised at how comfortable is felt, and I am 6'3 175lbs so I wasn't expecting that. I believe he said bike has a 700cc engine so i was a bit intimidated, which was bad and good. The hardest part was starting into first gear, the first time I gave it to much gas and scared the fuck out myself, so I hit the brake without the cluch engaged and laid the bike down into the grass =( . No damage done to me or the bike so it was ok. I got right back on and managed to ride around the yard without having to much trouble, never going above 20mph. It started raining after about 30-40 minutes after we started so that was the end of my first bike experience. I LOVED IT. I take the MSF course this month and I can't wait to get back on a bike.

·
Registered
456 Posts
congrads now take it easy and youll ride for long time

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
congrats youll rember that first time for the rest of your life

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I don't remember the first time I road. I just remember the first time I road my 1000. Like...my memory of riding the 1000 completely overwrote the memory of me riding the F2...:D

·
Registered
459 Posts
Twinsen said:
I don't remember the first time I road. I just remember the first time I road my 1000. Like...my memory of riding the 1000 completely overwrote the memory of me riding the F2...:D
you just went against what your signature says.. :p

the first time I rode.. I bought a bike for $700.. it was a repo.. didn't know much about bikes but wanted one.. I had to pick it up that night or it would be towed from the bank parking lot.. I couldn't find anyone to drive it so I had to.. it needed air badly in the rear tire.. I stalled it a few times.. got it going.. rode it around the parking lot a few times.. then rode home.. happy as can be.. that's how I learned.. I took the msf the next summer.. but I really had to learn "on the fly" and ride it across the city.. I think of it now and think how stupid I was :alky

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
ibjames said:
you just went against what your signature says.. :p

the first time I rode.. I bought a bike for $700.. it was a repo.. didn't know much about bikes but wanted one.. I had to pick it up that night or it would be towed from the bank parking lot.. I couldn't find anyone to drive it so I had to.. it needed air badly in the rear tire.. I stalled it a few times.. got it going.. rode it around the parking lot a few times.. then rode home.. happy as can be.. that's how I learned.. I took the msf the next summer.. but I really had to learn "on the fly" and ride it across the city.. I think of it now and think how stupid I was :alky
Heh, yeah, I was just playin. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was so scared. But I went out that one night and didn't come back for an hour I was having so much fun. And I was just supposed to take it around the block. :p

·
Registered
522 Posts
good to here you're taking the MSF. Some kids skip the MSF and jump straight onto a liter bike like most squids, good to someone that thinks rationally.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
cool, congrats! Have fun and please be safe!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
brentsR6 said:
congrats on the ride, be careful or itll turn into a life long addiction :D
Thats the idea isn't it? My grandma was flippen, she isn't to happy about the idea of me on a bike, though on the plus side she said she will help buy me some gear :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts