Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
:dblthumb Still waiting for the touring model to come out..........hopefully. The Speedmaster is just not up to 2 up riding all day. If anyone has a picture of the concept Rocket III touring package that was on the internet before I would love to have a link to it.

As for the bike in the picture, not sure about that one yet.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Holy mother of Jesus. A 2.3 liter (presumably) bike with somewhat sporting intentions... this could get scary. The guy who put that thing together should just go to the crazy bin right now. Can't say it wouldn't be a hoot, though... as long as it was in a straight line! Looks like quite the tank to try and bend into corners!

·
Registered
615 Posts
That is sweet, and a damn good idea as well but, I can't get over the size and shape of that engine. Looks like a damn tractor and should have John Deere stamped on the side of it.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Ein Kernkraftwerk: Die Palatina-Rocket liefert ungezähmte Triumph-Power ab.

translation: A nuclear power plant: The Palatina-Rocket delivers untamed triumphal power. :phatyo

supposed to handle surprisingly well.... what would the local Humpty_Dumpty crowd say?.... as they gag on the rear tire smoke :D

·
Registered
648 Posts
that thing is ginormous.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've ridden a demo model here in Oregon. It's a pretty outstanding bike all around. Lots of weight to lift off the stand, and the pegs are seemingly quite forward. Once underway, the weight disappears swiftly, and the bike steers with a very light (and initially shocking) touch. Suspension is good, handles great (touched a curb feeler on the ride....whoops) - and that engine is spectacular. We were asked to take it easy on the new engine, so I didn't smack the gas too hard - but the thrust at speed seemed to at least approach passing power on my old ZX-9R - in 4th AND 5th.
Rides around town with frequent stops would be taxing, however. You really feel the weight of the bike as you come to a stop, and the long wheelbase makes tight 90-degree corners a bit of an exercise in planning ahead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts