Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I am a few days from completing our month long trip of europe and we got robbed by Gypsies last night in Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic.

Fucker came into the tent last night about 0300. I heard the zipper opening quietly and I lunged at him through the tent. I couldn't grab the fucker through the tent and by the time I got the zipper open he was gone. I am a light sleeper and it is warm enough where I was on top of my fart sack.

Luckily all the bastard got was my dirt socks and skivvies and some of my wifes dirty shit. We found it this morning about 200 yards from the tent when I hopped on the bike to look for it. Lol....

Word to the wise, keep your valuables near you when you travel!

I did call the police at 0330 which was amusing. I spoke Polish to him and he answered in Czech and we seemed to exchange info just fine. Apparently this area currently has a Gypsy problem and there have been a number of robberies.

Only regret was I couldn't grab a hold of him through the tent. I did grab my knife as I jumped, but it was closed and I managed to hit him with it, just not sure where. My only condolence was that I got a yell out of him as I hit something solid.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Hey brother, I'm in Germany just outside of Czech Republic. You coming anywhere near Nuremberg???

Glad you heard before he got your stuff. I fucking hate Gypsies.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Sounds like things haven't changed in the Czech. My brother got rolled several years ago when his tea was spiked. He woke up and his pants were all cut up (pockets cut open) and everything in his pockets was gone, wallet, passport, etc.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Glad they didn't get anything. I never had problems in Czech (given that was high school days so there was always a group of us) but there was a group that settled near our house in Belgium. We had multiple break-ins. The Gendarmerie simply said "You have nice things, you should expect to be robbed.":eye

I visited Nuremberg once, unfortunately don't remember much about it except the clocks were famous and the only guy with me that spoke German got flat water for himself and ordered me stuff that tasted like carbonated water that had gone flat...he thought it was hilarious.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Glad to hear that the asshole only got your dirty clothes. At least he was 'nice' enough to use the zipper instead of slicing through your tent.

Great job fighting him off too. I hate thieves.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Here I am a few days from completing our month long trip of europe and we got robbed by Gypsies last night in Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic.

Fucker came into the tent last night about 0300. I heard the zipper opening quietly and I lunged at him through the tent. I couldn't grab the fucker through the tent and by the time I got the zipper open he was gone. I am a light sleeper and it is warm enough where I was on top of my fart sack.

Luckily all the bastard got was my dirt socks and skivvies and some of my wifes dirty shit. We found it this morning about 200 yards from the tent when I hopped on the bike to look for it. Lol....

Word to the wise, keep your valuables near you when you travel!

I did call the police at 0330 which was amusing. I spoke Polish to him and he answered in Czech and we seemed to exchange info just fine. Apparently this area currently has a Gypsy problem and there have been a number of robberies.

Only regret was I couldn't grab a hold of him through the tent. I did grab my knife as I jumped, but it was closed and I managed to hit him with it, just not sure where. My only condolence was that I got a yell out of him as I hit something solid.
Damn!! :easy

Be sure to collect some Gypsy tears while you're there. One way or another... That shit is worth it's weight in OxyContin back here.

And sample the real beer. :cheers

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
From everything I've heard eastern Europe has a pretty huge Roma problem. This does nothing to dissuade my perception.

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BR54 - This years trip didn't include Germany. Next year we are thinking to run through Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Lux.

OSP - My buddy got rolled by Gypsies in Istanbul in the early 90's. They beat the crap out of him and left him for damn near dead. Same scenario where they just knicked what he had on him.

Max - Yeah, the zipper sound is what gave him away. I still sleep lightly, but the sound of a razor cutting nylon may not have been loud enough to wake me.

JK - Not sure about the tears, but I'm fairly sure he pissed himself when I lunged. Just like a near ambush, I charged and made a hell of a lot of noise. I woke up the whole camp. We sure did sample the beer. Time to stop now for a while to overhaul the innards. We were on the road for about a month and we were getting hammered on local beer/liquor everynight.

I always, as a rule of thumb keep anything valuable on me or inside the bottom of my sleeping bag. It's worked well so far. Wife even said her stuff would be fine and I insisted she keeps it on herself or in her sleeping bag.

Last night we watched about a dozen or so videos on Gypsy Thieves on youtube. Kind of amazing how brazen they are.

I had a run in earlier in the trip with Gypsies in Slovakia, but they were just begging for money. An old guy was drunk and creeping up closer to me, probably to lift my wallet. I had enough and firmly put my hands on him and moved him back. His wife came running up and was actually yelling at him to leave me alone before I got pissed.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
glad u got a squeal out of him at least. Romas steal from each other so if youre camping you are that much more on their territory. Bulgaria and romania is worse but england and spain have their roma issues too.
I dream of a pure Europe one day.
No such thing unless you mean no humans.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Scotland had a gypsy problem for a while .. Few of em Albanian feckers turned up in Glasgow ,went on the rob .. Local neds got hold of a couple of them and threw em out 20th floor window of a tower block . Problem sorted .

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Most of the jocks I know aren't sober enough to accomplish this. Then again we don't have a gypsy problem here to confirm that.

Scotland had a gypsy problem for a while .. Few of em Albanian feckers turned up in Glasgow ,went on the rob .. Local neds got hold of a couple of them and threw em out 20th floor window of a tower block . Problem sorted .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts