Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll 'get r started'.

If you find yourself south of Tupelo on the Natchez Trace, take the Pontocola Rd. exit and turn left (west). It's a few miles of pretty good twisty. Pavement is in good shape. You come out at old hwy 41 to Ponotoc. There's even a little store there to get gas and a snack. Then turn around and go it again. :cheers

BEWARE: It's ag land and there may be tractors and such on the road.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'll post up a site I know that lists some roads. No sportbike yet *damn school* but I'm moving to Starkeville for fall of '06.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hwy 587 between Monticello and Columbia has got to be one of the best roads to ride in southern MS. It follows the Pearl River on the high side, tight curves, very scenic around the Red Bluff area (basically a big red cliff thats over 100 feet high and overlooks the Pearl River to the east). Be careful on the first time through though, Ive seen some crashes there that have taken lives. If you need more info, let me know, there is even camping area at Red Bluff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cool.....I am from Vicksburg....live in Brandon now. I still spend alot of time in Vix. There are a few good roads around there. Try going out Oak Ridge road and coming out at Redwood too!

Mike

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was riding on a great road near hattiesburg. You turn off of 49 by the shell station that sells canoes to take down the okatoma. And when you come to a Y in the road, you take a right. I was riding in a truck on the way to a job site. Damn I can't remember the name of it. But, it takes you into Ellisville and on past Howard Industries. I'll have to remember the roads when I go back on Monday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Old Port Gibson road is the best around here, in Brandon Shiloh road is a good road but there are alot of side roads and driveways to watch for. The road is great and just repaved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
cvm4 said:
I was riding on a great road near hattiesburg. You turn off of 49 by the shell station that sells canoes to take down the okatoma. And when you come to a Y in the road, you take a right. I was riding in a truck on the way to a job site. Damn I can't remember the name of it. But, it takes you into Ellisville and on past Howard Industries. I'll have to remember the roads when I go back on Monday.
cmv4 ,The road your talking about is 588 or 590.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts