Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This info is courtesy of Philbie... :beer

There are a several decent roads in AZ. Most require a bit of a drive to get to however.

1. Hwy 89 from Yarnell to Prescott.
2. Alt 89 from Prescott to Jerome.
3. Parts of Hwy 87 from Mesa to Payson.
4. Hwy 60 from Globe to Show Low.
5. Tortilla Flatts hwy 88 east of Apache Junction.
6. Mount Lemon in Tucson.
7. Kitt Peak Observatory east of Tucson.
8. Mount Graham south of Safford.
9. Hwy 191 from Clifton to Alpine
10. Hwy 180 in New Mexico and Hwy 78, completes the 230+mile loop from Clifton.

1-6 are normally patrolled with very little chance of getting out of a ticket.
7-10 are very seldom patrolled with 9 being the best road and 10 the second.

Hangouts? Mill Ave in Tempe, ASU is right next to it. The Pavillions in Scottsdale on Saturday nights. I can't remember the cross streets.

TeamAZ is the better of the two trackday outfits here locally. www.asmaracing.com is most technical track and cheapest to run.

Philbie is always looking for new riders to go to Arroyo Seco with him.

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
Lets make the entire first page of the AZ forum a sticky.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Philbie said:
Lets make the entire first page of the AZ forum a sticky.
:eek:nfloor :lao :eek:nfloor
you really wanna keep digging up the roads post everytime......:bitchslap

·
ASMA Racer
2,532 Posts
Canyon de Chelly? Page? Bagdad?

·
VP of SCPE
462 Posts
Here's some more:

1. Lake Mary road from Flagstaff to Payson (can't remember the HWY #).
2. 89A from Flagstaff to Sedona (its hard to not get stuck in traffic, Patrolled).
3. Arizona Snowbowl Road (rarely patrolled, just watch out for the cinders on the road!)

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:dblthumb muchas gracias tdog

·
Slowest Racer
64 Posts
kz2zx said:
Canyon de Chelly? Page? Bagdad?
+1 on Bagdad. Saw a cop once out of who knows how many times I have been there. When I was living in Kingman, I would come south on 93 to wherever it was to break off towards Bagdad. Bagdad to Prescott via Skull Valley is fun. Now that I am in Phoeninx, it's Wickenburg to Bagdad then Bagdad back to 89 and up to Prescott is fun too.

Just sucks because it takes an hour and a half just to get to the starting point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
badgixxer said:
This info is courtesy of Philbie... :beer

There are a several decent roads in AZ. Most require a bit of a drive to get to however.

1. Hwy 89 from Yarnell to Prescott.
2. Alt 89 from Prescott to Jerome.
3. Parts of Hwy 87 from Mesa to Payson.
4. Hwy 60 from Globe to Show Low.
5. Tortilla Flatts hwy 88 east of Apache Junction.
6. Mount Lemon in Tucson.
7. Kitt Peak Observatory east of Tucson.
8. Mount Graham south of Safford.
9. Hwy 191 from Clifton to Alpine
10. Hwy 180 in New Mexico and Hwy 78, completes the 230+mile loop from Clifton.
191 and CLIR (Tortilla Flat) are twisty heaven.

261 a little west of Eager off the 260 is another good road. It's patroled, but they don't seem to care what you do as long as you don't crash. :)

TeamAZ is the better of the two trackday outfits here locally. www.asmaracing.com is most technical track and cheapest to run.
And Arroyo puts any of the tracks (namely Firebird) Team AZ runs events at to shame.

Philbie is always looking for new riders to go to Arroyo Seco with him.
That's just scary. LOL!

·
Registered
114 Posts
tweakerazWickenburg to Bagdad then Bagdad back to 89 and up to Prescott is fun too. Just sucks because it takes an hour and a half just to get to the starting point.[/QUOTE said:
A fun one that's not too far out of PHX is Bartlett Lake Road. Take Carefree Road out to the east of Carefree about 3-4 miles turn south on Bartlett Lake Rd... Enjoy the twisties.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Chuckracer said:
That's pretty well patrolled, though. Be careful!
I found that out on my Goldwing! I passed a Ranger/Cop doing about 80 and he didn't come after me. I thought fer sher I was toast! I got away with murder on that bike... cuz' it just LOOKS slow.

·
needs another beer
2,885 Posts
i can't wait to check out the cool new areas to ride down there... it might be kinda weird not seeing any trees though!

·
Supmo
717 Posts
sexybikerpimp said:
i can't wait to check out the cool new areas to ride down there... it might be kinda weird not seeing any trees though!
Don't worry, you head far enough north and there'll be some trees for ya!

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
A few of us are talking about taking the bikes out and doing the 191 route. This should be good. 4 race bikes hauling ass on a 45 mile run in the mountains. Hopefully Justin has that crashing thing out of his system.

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
The sad thing is that you're more likely to see more deer and cows than cars. Not the most traveled road in the area.

·
Supmo
717 Posts
Philbie said:
The sad thing is that you're more likely to see more deer and cows than cars. Not the most traveled road in the area.
Sad?!? That's fantastic! Let me know when you plan to go....I'm down for sure! :dblthumb

·
Supmo
717 Posts
exmarinegrunt said:
Hey no scaring off the guys who wanna dodge the cars with us!!!!!

Where you dodging cars today on the I-10West out towards goodyear?? Not sure why you'd be headed that way, but I got passed by a blue SV650 with a vet plate and a rider with some big ass feet.....which just screamed BRUCE! :eek:nfloor

1 - 20 of 78 Posts