Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Ever Encounter Wildlife While Riding. I Live In The Country And Find Myself Avoiding Deer And Other Critters All The Time. Post Up With Some Stories,near Misses,or Casualties

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I don't have any but Zyankley has one about a devil rabbit, it's pretty funny

·
Registered
839 Posts
snigg said:
you dont have to capitalize the first letter of every word.

Haha I used to do that. It was a habbit took a while to get out of.

But my story isn't crazy...

There is a beach road with 2 nice turns where I live and thats all we have. But there really isn't any civilization back where the turns are so every time i am going down there I see 6 or more deer. Sometimes in the road but not usually.

I usually just go through once and scare them off and then come back through with some more speed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My buddy hit one on his bike and wiped out messed up the bike but he just got banged up the deer wasnt so lucky.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I myself got a woodchuck and a squirrel nothing big enough to make me wreck.I have dodged plenty of deer though

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I've hit a few dead squirrels, a possum, and what I think was a dead racoon. The squirrels were in a blind corner. I hit the racoon because I was following someone too closely and didn't see it until it was too late.

I learned not to tailgate after that.

None of the animals caused any problems for the bike. Just a pucker moment.

·
Registered
247 Posts
ive seen deer and other animals cross the road in close proximity to me was pretty tense situations each time it happened

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
a few buddies and me went riding last year from one city to hte other thru the country. lots of twisty roads on the way. it is about 2 in the morning and my bf is leading and runs over the neck of a dead deer in the middle of the road, the next guy basically gutshots it and launches his bike over it like he is motorcrossing it. he ends up with a nasty tankslapper after his wheels hit the ground again, but manages to save it. The next two people (myself being one of them) also run over it, but in various places on its body. We stop about a mile up the road, pull over so my friend could dig his drawers out of his ass and pull the fur out of the fairing and headers. AFter a couple of minutes of being there, a sheriff pulls up and inquires as to what we are doing. We explain about the deer being in the road, she calls for backup (to watch us I guess) and proceeds to go check out the deer (she says to make sure it is dead), comes back where we show her the fur out of the bike and tells us to take it easy on the rest of the trip. It was one hellacious night ride. We still don't let him live that one down.

With another friend, he hit a fox on the way into KC w/his bike and was pulling fox fur out of his fairing as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Happened last week actually.

I was riding along a country ride very early in the morning on my way into work. I was tucked in going at a *ahem* steady pace, didn't even see the bird and there was no time to react.

SPLAT

Now I bet all of you are thinking I hit it with the bike, I wish I had hit it with my bike. Instead it flew into my helmet and at the pace I was going, it left its mark. Slowed right down, looked in the mirror and thought I was going to puke. I could see there was a mess left on my helmet and it wasn't pretty. Didn't bother stopping cause I didn't have the stomach to clean it off and I would have been late for work.

Rode all the way to work with bird "stuff" on the side of my helmet, got quite a few looks when sitting at traffic lights. No one would give me eye contact though, if I turned to look, they would quickly look away.

Got to work, took my helmet off and figured out what everyone was looking at. I nearly threw up when I looked at it, I didn't even want to touch my helmet. The whole right side of my helmet was covered in bird guts, blood and few feathers here and there. It had dried up on the rest of the ride in with lines of blood going all the way to the back of the helmet.

I walked into work with my helmet at arm's length and handed it to one of the guys and asked nicely if he could clean it off for me cause I was going to throw up. He looked at it and was like WTF happened and I told him and he started laughing and went around showing my helmet to the rest of the guys.
He did clean it for me and I'm now the bird killer in the office.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just hit a bird the otherday. I was tucked in going at a good pace when I seen this black streak fly from my right to the left. No big deal, birds are always flying by but when I got home I noticed that this bird wasn't fast enough.

I got off the bike and noticed that my right front rotor had chopped the bird in half which then flung bird blood/guts/feathers and a foot onto my front wheel and most of my fairings along the right side. That was a nasty mess to clean up because it was all dried up. It did all come off though without leaveing any marks.

Wes

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
A couple years back I was going along at a steady 110mph, not tucked or anything, and took a small hawk looking bird right in left shoulder/chest area, left a bruise that didn't go away for about 2 weeks, and the bird lived, saw it flopping around on the ground when I pulled over, then it flew away. So I guess it's Bird:1 Jason:0

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
i murder hundreds of bugs every week. thats about it.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I've hit a rabbit, snake, bird, and 58590258249 bugs

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Almost hit a deer, rabbit, possum, dog (f*cker tried to bike my tire), and a few birds.

·
Registered
340 Posts
When I was younger on my way to work saw a blackbird fly left then turned straight at me tried to duck but didn't get low enough it slammed straight into my face shield I had blood guts and feathers all over me. I was doing about 70 when I hit him. Also got a snake once.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts