Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.koin.com/news.asp?RECORD_KEY[news]=ID&ID[news]=4235
http://www.kptv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3778258

Police Report: WSP jails couple for apparent road rage

Sunday, August 28, 2005

By JUSTIN CARINCI, Columbian staff writer

A Camas couple was jailed after their car forced a motorcyclist off an Interstate 5 off-ramp Saturday afternoon in what investigators say was a case of road rage.

Washington State Patrol officers took Twila D. Lamb and John Lamb of Camas into custody near Fourth Plain Boulevard after a 1998 BMW 740 iL driven by Twila Lamb collided with Brandon Terence Brooks' 2005 GSXR Suzuki 1000 motorcycle, sending Brooks over an embankment and back toward the freeway.

Twila Lamb, 46, was booked into Clark County Jail on suspicion of first-degree assault for striking Brooks. John Lamb, 56, was booked on suspicion of fourth-degree assault after allegedly tackling Brooks after the incident, which occurred around 2:30 p.m. John Lamb posted $500 bail and was set to be released Saturday night. Twila Lamb had no bail amount set and has a Superior Court date scheduled for Monday.

A WSP report said the Lambs and a group of motorcyclists four drivers and one passenger began antagonizing each other on Highway 14. They merged onto northbound I-5 and took the Fourth Plain exit. Witness Robert Bourland of Battle Ground said he saw the motorcyclists, with the BMW close behind, approaching him from behind on the freeway. "I thought, 'Something ain't right,' so I came back," Bourland said.

In the exit lane, the BMW struck Brooks on his right side, knocking him off the bike and down a hill in front of the landscaped sign welcoming motorists to Washington.

After the incident, witnesses said they saw Twila Lamb chase after Brooks and start hitting him. John Lamb followed and tackled Brooks, they told state patrol officers. Earlier in the ride, the car's right passenger mirror had broken on biker Jason Lee Wacker's elbow. Motorcyclist Eric Ryan said Twila Lamb had pulled in front of Wacker and slammed on the brakes. John Lamb said Wacker intentionally broke the mirror.

A WSP press release alleged that Twila Lamb swerved the car and struck Wacker. Wacker, 24; Brooks, 23; and Ryan, 19 all live in Gresham, Ore. The fourth motorcyclist and the motorcycle passenger would not identify themselves.

"It was like being in a Vin Diesel movie being terrorized by four bikers," John Lamb said. Brooks and Wacker received minor injuries and refused medical treatment.

·
Registered
155 Posts
slap on the wrist and a couple hundred in fines.

What I want to know is what were his riding buddies doing during all of this?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I'll be interested to see how this turns out.

I'm betting the truth of how it began is somewhere between the Lambs' story that one of the guys rode up an broke the mirror off and the riders' story that the Lambs' hit the brakes and slammed the first rider with a mirror completely unprovoked.

Regardless of how it began, running him off the road and then getting out of the car to beat on him is going WAY to far with the road rage.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
After the incident, witnesses said they saw Twila Lamb chase after Brooks and start hitting him. John Lamb followed and tackled Brooks,
Knock the man off his bike, THEN tackle him? WTF

"It was like being in a Vin Diesel movie being terrorized by four bikers," John Lamb said.
What movie would that be?

comes down to it. If you're gonna play with a car, you're gonna loose. They have a couple thousand pounds on you. Best to get away from the situation before it even gets to that point.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Holy Shit!! :3eek I can't believe they actually got out of the car and attacked that dude!!! WTF??? :mad:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Hmmmmm. Running into someone with a car, on purpose, should be assault with intent. Or maby thats what 4th degree assault is in Washington.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
This is why I carry a consealed weapon now on all my tours. Some dumbass wants to play 3000 lb attack ASCI they're gonna get a return favor of a 9 mil between the eyes. The dead make great wittnesses.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
i hate people like this....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Twila Lamb chase after Brooks and start hitting him. John Lamb followed and tackled Brooks
That's just plain stupid. What a bunch of idiots

I wonder what the real story is. You know that they didn't report the real story in the news the way it happened.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Super Ninja RR said:
F i posted twice in the begining of this thread and they are both now gone
:modownz

Just kidding, i have no idea why it didn't work.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Super Ninja RR said:
WTF i posted twice in the begining of this thread and they are both now gone
damn where's that pic of "you suck at the internet" when i need it...

Rascus help me out here...

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts
badgixxer said:
damn where's that pic of "you suck at the internet" when i need it...

Rascus help me out here...
With a good lawyer the rider could charge attemped murder? I mean he purposedly got run off the road with a car, to me that's no different to being fired at with a gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,754 Posts

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
King Cobra said:
Notice how this quote placed at the end of the article is designed to paint us in a negative light.
sensationalism - you gotta love it....

i think the bitch should be charged with attempted murder

1 - 20 of 53 Posts