Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I are thinking about making the trip up there to check out all the AMA Pro races Sep. 3-5. I know a few others also go a little early and make a Gap trip out of it as well. Post up if you're interested. I want to see how many folks wanna go before I start making hotel reservations.

CLICK HERE for info on ticket prices, etc.....

Gov

·
Pro. Lowsider
1,695 Posts
Been going for years and don't plan on missing it again.
I just recieved a little something in the mail, telling me I may go earlier than previously planned...
Might just do the Track Day at Road Atlanta this year woohooo;)
I have to check the work schedule in the morning....

Other wise I've already posted up our plans on here somewhere...

ps.
F a Hotel, the Party is on the inside:dblthumb

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
R1Fast said:
Other wise I've already posted up our plans on here somewhere...
So how about posting a link, or fill the rest of us in. I'd like to get as many peeps interested as possible.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I'd love to go but if I did I don't think I could take the bike. I don't think I'd have the funds to get the bike ready to go and enjoy everything. I'm still wondering about this trip though.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts

·
Pro. Lowsider
1,695 Posts
Naughty76 said:
I think this is the thread that Glen was referring to? Road Atlanta Thread.
Yep,, That's it...

Only Change is I believe I will be going Stag;)..
So,,, bring your leathers.
But,
if I'm doing the Road Atlanta Track Day, then I will have to take a second bike, so the pace through the mountains will be tame.

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Naughty76 said:
I think this is the thread that Glen was referring to? Road Atlanta Thread.
Oooops...I guess I missed it. I was outta town on my honeymoon that week.

I just read your itinerary, and that sounds like a lot of work Glen. I was just thinking of heading to the races.

Doesn't sound like too many people are interested in going though. I'll leave this thread a sticky for a few more days to see if we get anymore interest. If not Glen, I'll give you call and we'll plan up something.

Gov

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
R1Fast said:
I just recieved a little something in the mail, telling me I may go earlier than previously planned...
Might just do the Track Day at Road Atlanta this year woohooo;)
I got the same letter.....sounds like it could be fun! :dblthumb

·
Banned
70 Posts
sounds like a good time but i will be over on that weekend at barber for keith code superbike school.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey guys whats up me and about 5 others are looking for plans for whats going on it are first time to the races. our plans are ify but definte leave jax sat morning go to savanah to watch a stunt show then go to alanta to watch the race on sunday and do a fan lap if your going to the race were are you guys staying and whats going on i think we will have definte plans by sunday after we ride any suggestions i am up em thanks see yall there

·
Registered
9 Posts
yep, I'm with chuckdblr above, we are trailoring up and looking for ideas on where to stay and what to do, may leave as early as fri. The four of us are going to try and finalize our plans tonight, so if you would like to follow or join in, reply or pm one of us.

·
Pro. Lowsider
1,695 Posts
Road Atlanta Update

Here is our revised agenda for this weekend.
We will be leaving Thursday afternoon and returning Late Sunday night.
We plan on camping out at TWO thrusday night and in the infield of the track Friday and Saturday.

Details:
Thursday afternnoon = Roll out
Later Thursday night = Arrive in Suches at TWo and Camp the night.
Friday:
9am - 10am = Pack up camping gear and eat Breakfast at TWO (Two Wheels Only).
10am - 7pm = Ride, woohoo,,, (60/28/129/Parkway/Russel/Wolf Pen/ect.)
7pm = Load up bikes and head to the Track.
Camp out at Road Atlanta Friday and Saturday night. letting the Race bikes wake us up in the morning.

The races will end at 5pm and the sun shouldn't set until 7:30pm, so that gives us a few hours to ride and get dinner.

The only change from this point could be the Thursday nights camping. We may go ahead and set up our site at the track then ride to TWO for breakfast.

Later
If your not going your going to miss alot of Fun:dblthumb

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey r1fast if you want mybe our groups can meet up to ride our something if you want our if anyone wants that is going pm me and i will give you my number we will be up there late friday early early sat morning hope to see yall up there ride safe

·
Registered
500 Posts
Did the trip go on as planned? I spent friday and saturday at the gap and surrounding roads but did'nt recognize anyones bikes. We returned Sun morning to beat the storm and more importantly to aviod the 2.5 million people returning to Florida......Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts