Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Yes I'm a FIB
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics from Road America from the past 2 years.I'll be camping in turn 2 and will get there early Thur am when the track opens. :)

Attachments

·
Yes I'm a FIB
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some more pics....

hondajunkie said:
Here are some pics from Road America from the past 2 years.I'll be camping in turn 2 and will get there early Thur am when the track opens. :)
The Repsol Honda is my Friend Tony's bike

Attachments

·
Yes I'm a FIB
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some more pics for your enjoyment...

hondajunkie said:
These pics are from the Main gate on 67 after the race on Sat. And yes the guy in the middle of the street just "burned a mule" E Boz Wheelin' thru Hurry Downs after his win.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Ahhh, Road America, I can't wait! It's going to be different not being able to camp in Tent City this year, but I'm sure we'll make due.

And you wanna know what was funny? Watching the cops chase down the "mule burner" in the campground and watching him cry like a little bitch as they cuffed him and stuffed him. :lao

·
Yes I'm a FIB
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A few more...

hondajunkie said:
Duhamel up on one after his win in the Sunday race.The fourth pic is of Michael Jordan and the last one is of Greg White on the starting grid.

Attachments

·
Yes I'm a FIB
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jake said:
Ahhh, Road America, I can't wait! It's going to be different not being able to camp in Tent City this year, but I'm sure we'll make due.

And you wanna know what was funny? Watching the cops chase down the "mule burner" in the campground and watching him cry like a little bitch as they cuffed him and stuffed him. :lao
I take it you were camping in the "Jungle"? I used to sneak in there a few years ago, but didn't last year as the new turn 2 camping started happening.I 'm going to to look and see if I can find some pics from there that I took a few years ago and scan them so that I can post'em :)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Cool pics guys!

·
Registered
459 Posts
How close do they let you take pics? I want to bring my camera gear and get as much as possible.. did they let you go up and take pics of the bikes? Or did you have a special pass?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Man, Road America is one hell of a track. I rode there last month for the CCS Races. I also have some on-board video of my races that you can view in my Video Gallery Section of my Web Site listed in my Sig.

I would really like to ride that track in the heat of summer. We were riding in like 35 degree weather, and it was not to much fun.....

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
You get a paddock pass with the ticket and can walk through a good portion of the pits.

If you want to get trackside and take noncommercial (only!) pics, it'll cost ya about $360 and there's a mandatory photog meeting every day - thu/fri/sat/sun...otherwise you shoot from outside the fence.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
extrakt0r said:
Man, Road America is one hell of a track. I rode there last month for the CCS Races. I also have some on-board video of my races that you can view in my Video Gallery Section of my Web Site listed in my Sig.

I would really like to ride that track in the heat of summer. We were riding in like 35 degree weather, and it was not to much fun.....
Did you get caught in the - ahem - snow?

Rumor has it that they had to red flag a practice session to remove ice from turn 8.

·
Are we not men?
9,012 Posts
Murf99 said:
Did you get caught in the - ahem - snow?

Rumor has it that they had to red flag a practice session to remove ice from turn 8.
The snow was rediculous! It was really friggin' cold, but there was no ice in 8. They did red flag one session, but it was because someone oiled the track from pit out all the way into 1. :eek: If memory serves, there also was oil once from 10 to the chicane. Both great places for oil.

Don't know which would be worse, standing on a corner in the cold or running up the front straight (or from 3 to 5) at warp speed! One rider told me he had never been so cold riding.

Were you there for the CCS, Todd?

·
Yes I'm a FIB
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ibjames said:
How close do they let you take pics? I want to bring my camera gear and get as much as possible.. did they let you go up and take pics of the bikes? Or did you have a special pass?
You can get as close as you can to take pictures and you don't need a photo pass. The pics of JZ and MIquel were taken in turn 6 with a Canon Rebel Ti SLR.The pic of EBOZ was in turn 1 using the same camera.You can take some killer pics at RA because there are some really great vanatge points to take pics from.The pic of Miquel's FX bike was taken in the am after practice when noone was in the pits.I walked right up to the tape and shot the pic.I have a lot more pics to post but my computer crashed and I've had to scan them at my freinds house and 'mail back to me so there will be more to come! :)

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
hondajunkie said:
I take it you were camping in the "Jungle"? I used to sneak in there a few years ago, but didn't last year as the new turn 2 camping started happening.I 'm going to to look and see if I can find some pics from there that I took a few years ago and scan them so that I can post'em :)
Yeah, I have stayed in "The Zoo" or "Tent City" for the past 9 years. I'm staying in the track this year so I'm not sure what to expect.

·
Yes I'm a FIB
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jake said:
Yeah, I have stayed in "The Zoo" or "Tent City" for the past 9 years. I'm staying in the track this year so I'm not sure what to expect.
Well, I can tell you the track security is all over the place checking on shit. I'm assuming that you are going to be camping by Turn 2 which is the best place to camp because that is were all the action is :beer I see how they have changed or "updated" the rules for camping in turn 2."LOUD music is not allowed at any time. No extensive or professional sound systems are allowed.Sounds made at your campsite should be heard only at your campsite during quite time." This stemmed from one guy who had a nice setup on the corner and had 2 trailers set up with PLaystation and tvs showing bike racing and a "professional sound system" which was used to the fullest extent. It was great because it gave people a place to hang out and mingle, but sure enough one idiot had to ruin it for everbody by throwing a bottle at one of the security cars. Next thing you know, County Sheriffs form a riot line and are marching towards the campsite. ONe of then funniest things I have ever seen for something so menial.They ordered everone back to their own campsites once they got there. I don't know who organizes and sets the rules for RA but they are going to have to organize something in the camppground because I just see people butting heads with security and then nobody is going to win. They need to allow someone to have a place for people to get together and mingle without it causing a problem which I know it will this year because the event keeps getting b***** and b***** it seems. I'll be camping on the far south end of the campgroound between turn 1 and the Briggs and Sttratton bridge. I'll post a pic once I get my pictures loaded.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
yeah, I'm going to stay in a hotel too. Road America should be AWESOME this year!

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Phat_Albert said:
I will be there, but sadly not camping out. I live close enough that I can just ride home after everything is said and done.
I have friends that live in Kiel and they camp out all weekend, starting Thursday morning. They live for this weekend!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts