Sport Bikes banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I didn't notice my heel guard/centerstand interference until too late, it chipped the heel guard. No big deal, PJ says he is sending me a new one. To fix the issue, I took two of the rubber backed washers that came off with the old rearsets, glued them back to back (metal sides facing), then I glued them to the existing rubber stop on the centerstand. Now it properly keeps the centerstand off of the heel guard. I also suggested to PJ to inform Rizoma of their minor design flaw. An easy fix for them would to provide a taller rubber stop with the kit.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Boneman131 said:
- I have them set up at the farthest back and highest position. This is due to mainly because they could not be mounted too low or else the foot shifting lever will hit the side of your kick stand when you down shift!
You could also rotate the shifter up, by taking out the set screw all the way, pull the shifter off of it's pinion, and then putting it back on at the desired angle.
Boneman131 said:
I didn't and since one half of the o-ring is attached to the back of one of the adjustment bolts, I broke it when extracting the bolt (doh). They supply a replacement one which I twisted several times and replaced....but this one snapped on it's own a few seconds later when I was trying to adjust the swtich. No big deal as one can easily buy o-ring, but after it was all hooked up I wasn't sure of what this o-ring's (spring) use/purpose was as once all attached to the brake cyclinder and the brake switch spring, you don't really need any more "tension" or "srpings" to hold the lever. It's solid as a rock and works very smoothly. So for now I am not using one at all.
The o-ring helps retract the brake lever. I actually ended up putting the spring on from the old sets in place of the twisted o-ring, because I broke one fulling around with it like you.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I was scraping stock pegs on the track yesterday and would really like to solve the problem without raising the bike. I'm hoping new rearsets could do the trick. If these aren't any higher than stock, do they at least extend less far from the bike that stock, and if so, how much less?

·
Surly Canuck
1,068 Posts
Kneedragger said:
I was scraping stock pegs on the track yesterday and would really like to solve the problem without raising the bike. I'm hoping new rearsets could do the trick. If these aren't any higher than stock, do they at least extend less far from the bike that stock, and if so, how much less?
The Rizomas are shorter than the stock ones. I would say by a good inch. I can measure when I get home later today

·
Registered
164 Posts
Those look so nice i wish i had the money to get them. is there any way we can organize a group buy? would any one be interested in getting them?

·
Registered
828 Posts
jcaesar said:
based on my settings, they are about 3 inches further back, and at the same height.
PJFZ1 said:
And they'll go higher than stock...
I'm officially confused.

If they are ~1" short than stock then that addresses my issue. But I'd appreciate some clarification on the height. They look slightyly higher (maybe 1cm at most) but can't really quantify it from the pics. And in the pics they appear to be mounted at the top row of holes...

·
Surly Canuck
1,068 Posts
Well they are fully adjustable so the hight will be varied depending on your particular setup.

They should fix your 'scraping issue' as they are shorter in length and can go higher than stock.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Kneedragger said:
I'm officially confused.

If they are ~1" short than stock then that addresses my issue. But I'd appreciate some clarification on the height. They look slightyly higher (maybe 1cm at most) but can't really quantify it from the pics. And in the pics they appear to be mounted at the top row of holes...
You are correct, they are slightly higher. I'll fix my original post.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am 6' 2" and my legs are fairly long, not sure my exact inseam, but on occasion I do feel a bit cramped with the stock pegs. It is tough to imagine what these things are like without be able to actually try them. My thinking is that I would have to move the pegs low to accomodate my legs, but in one of the write ups it was said that this wont work because it hits the kickstand when you down shift?

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
At it's default angle it might hit, but you can change the angle of the shifter. I'll look at mine closer tonight and see if I will hit if it was on the lowest setting.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts