Sport Bikes banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Might I add,
Have
you seen the February job reports? I heard not only are they kicking a$$, but unemployment for blacks and latinos are the lowest ever?
I heard something about that blue wave in TX last election? Oopps.

I was listening to a PHD, forgot his name, something with an 'L', anyways, not only did he predict all the states and POTUS winner in early 2016, but he says that within a few years, the Democrap party will implode, and there will be 2 GOP parties- the conservatves, and the RINO's.

He also predicts The Trumpster will have 3 more SCOTUS also to appoint. He'll win in 2020, then he predicts Cruz from TX will be next.

This makes the average uber-liberals blood boil LOL!
Somehow, people like the buy with the avatar w/ the pumpkin on his head, we'll call him Pumpkinhead- think the Right has lost touch with reality?
Uber Liberals make me want to puke- on them preferably.
>:)

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
These last 4-5 posts are why this forum is DRT. No such thing as civility any longer with the anonymity of the internet.
Honestly things haven't been civil around here or most any internet forums for a long while. And it comes from all parties involved not just one side. Just my .02. I honestly noticed the big drop in attendance a little after the time PhilB left. He was willing and able to hold well worded arguments of a differing opinion than most of yall and I believe he got others to chime in from time to time that normally would have just been on the sidelines. I am not saying he is the only reason for the decline but it would seem that without anyone to hold a debate with its hard to keep preaching to the quire. I hold a different view in a bunch of areas than most of yall but I lack the dedication to debate most of the time besides, its not like we are going to change each others minds on important subjects with an internet forum, so I just listen and say something once in a while.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
God. Nothing's changed. :(

Still the same old nincompoops coming in and flaming everyone who doesn't agree with him. (Note Post #41 ), an utter absence of facts, calling the opposition all kinds of names.

And people wonder why the country doesn't work. Well, here it is in miniature.

Most of the righties left because they have no facts-based argument which makes sense. Just swill the Kool-Aid, boys

Well, maybe I'll check in next month. Maybe not. Last guy out, turn off the lights, eh?

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
I wonder how the tightie righties are going to explain away the latest Trump/Putin thing. It's pretty clear that Putin's government poisoned people in the UK, as they have done before. The only people who had a hard time figuring it out were people in the Trump administration. Tillerson isn't anybody's Dulles, but he at least could acknowledge the obvious. Now he's gone. Devin Nunes and his merry band of enablers has now decided that Trump is pure as the driven snow when it comes to any kind of collusion or coordination with Russian operatives to damage Hillary Clinton. So, I hope the people who crow about Trump are happy about that. Brush up on your Russian. Ah, never mind. Just brush up on President for Life Trump, since that's what he seems to want. And, get used to corruption and economic problems. It's going well now, but when the business cycle takes a downturn, which it will, the economic tools the government has to deal with it have been disabled.

What happened to Paul Ryan, deficit hawk? Gone. Proven to be a fraud. What's up with Mitch McConnell? Proven to put partisanship above the nation through first obstruction then denunciation of obstruction when the GOP rammed through all kinds of things without so much as letting anybody read it before a vote. I don't hear the right complaining about that like they did when ACA had a longer fuse and was up for a vote after at least some debate and an attempt to get some of the GOP onboard with it. Pure, brownshirted partisanship is the order of the day, and it's just fine as long as is branded "R". No, I don't have much respect for Trump apologists. I don't care much about his ongoing bimbo eruptions. That's his personal problem. I have a big issue with the long term damage he's doing.

Trade is another one. The US is going to be isolated. There will be trade blocs across the globe that exclude the US. That's already happening with the Chinese and Asia. If you want to strengthen Russia a bit and China a lot, at the expense of the United States, you follow the Trump playbook. It takes information and analysis to figure this out. I suggest that righties look for primary source, non-wingnut filtered information and perform some logical analysis. I have my opinions about a variety of things that don't square with what the righties are always trying to pigeonhole as thought that doesn't toe whatever talking points are spewing out of the right. Nope, I have very little respect for right wing thinking these days, and I have come to that conclusion based on observation, informed analysis, and logic. It would be nice to be proven wrong. Vote for John Kasich in the 2020 GOP primary. I don't agree with a whole lot of his positions, but I do have a lot of respect for him as an American. Trump and his enablers? Nope.

*shrug* It's a free country. If you want to support a guy like Trump and brag about it, that's all fine and good. By definition 50% of the population is below average.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yup. And now Tillerson's out. It must be close to 50 people shuffled in and out of the White House since January of 2017.

Everyone knew it would happen. It was just a question of when. What surprises me a little is that he was asked to resign and not voluntarily walked. Tillerson was treated like a piece of unneeded crap by Trump, who conducts American foreign policy via Twitter and stream-of-consciousness thought.

Good Lord, protect us all. This isn't good.

NYT...

Veteran diplomats said they could not remember a time when a president so regularly undermined his secretary of state so brazenly in the midst of a tense situation. Richard N. Haass, the president of the Council on Foreign Relations, who served many Republican presidents, last fall urged Mr. Tillerson to quit.

“Rex Tillerson has been dealt a bad hand by the Potus & has played it badly,” Mr. Haass wrote in a post on Twitter, using the acronym for president of the United States. “For both reasons he cannot be effective SecState & should resign.”

Career diplomats, who had seen in the gravelly voiced Mr. Tillerson a man of stature, experience and great wealth whom they hoped the president would respect and heed, eventually turned against him as he expressed more interest in shrinking the department than expanding American influence.
Oh, and THIS, too. Same day!:

John McEntee, Trump Aide, Is Forced Out Over Security Issue, but Joins Re-election Campaign[/URL]

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
Might I add,
Have
you seen the February job reports? I heard not only are they kicking a$$, but unemployment for blacks and latinos are the lowest ever?
I heard something about that blue wave in TX last election? Oopps.

I was listening to a PHD, forgot his name, something with an 'L', anyways, not only did he predict all the states and POTUS winner in early 2016, but he says that within a few years, the Democrap party will implode, and there will be 2 GOP parties- the conservatves, and the RINO's.

He also predicts The Trumpster will have 3 more SCOTUS also to appoint. He'll win in 2020, then he predicts Cruz from TX will be next.

This makes the average uber-liberals blood boil LOL!
Somehow, people like the buy with the avatar w/ the pumpkin on his head, we'll call him Pumpkinhead- think the Right has lost touch with reality?
Uber Liberals make me want to puke- on them preferably.
>:)
Keep waving your vacuous flag if it makes you feel good. The fact that Trump will fuck up the Supreme Court is just one of those things that's in the hands of fate. I expect him to be a one-termer, partly because he seems to be wearing out his welcome among all but people like you who are immune to observable facts and whose loyalty is to party over country. If making people who disagree with you angry is all you got, you got nothing. Nothing only goes so far before its utter uselessness is apparent to all. Enjoy your fake Rembrandt while you can still think it's a real one. Eventually, your role as a sucker will be obvious to all, including you.

Trump isn't impressing small businesses.

·
Registered
14,902 Posts
Honestly things haven't been civil around here or most any internet forums for a long while. And it comes from all parties involved not just one side. Just my .02. I honestly noticed the big drop in attendance a little after the time PhilB left. He was willing and able to hold well worded arguments of a differing opinion than most of yall and I believe he got others to chime in from time to time that normally would have just been on the sidelines. I am not saying he is the only reason for the decline but it would seem that without anyone to hold a debate with its hard to keep preaching to the quire. I hold a different view in a bunch of areas than most of yall but I lack the dedication to debate most of the time besides, its not like we are going to change each others minds on important subjects with an internet forum, so I just listen and say something once in a while.
sheesh..

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
Now we get Kudlow as an economic adviser. How many things has he got right? None that I can think of, but he is on TV a lot. What could possibly go wrong?

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Now we get Kudlow as an economic adviser. How many things has he got right? None that I can think of, but he is on TV a lot. What could possibly go wrong?
Good Christ! Trump's going fuck up the country so badly it'll take years to put it right.

Even worse, there is absolutely no congressional check on this monster. McConnell, Ryan & Co. will simply go along with anything as long as their personal agendas are moving forward. In McConnell's case it's all about stacking the judiciary with more Gorsuch, Alito, and Thomas types. For Ryan, it's just achieving the straight Libertoonian bullshit on a global scale. Welcome to 1893.

No one wants to say Trump has no clothes.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I wonder how the tightie righties are going to explain away the latest Trump/Putin thing. It's pretty clear that Putin's government poisoned people in the UK, as they have done before. The only people who had a hard time figuring it out were people in the Trump administration. Tillerson isn't anybody's Dulles, but he at least could acknowledge the obvious. Now he's gone. Devin Nunes and his merry band of enablers has now decided that Trump is pure as the driven snow when it comes to any kind of collusion or coordination with Russian operatives to damage Hillary Clinton. So, I hope the people who crow about Trump are happy about that. Brush up on your Russian. Ah, never mind. Just brush up on President for Life Trump, since that's what he seems to want. And, get used to corruption and economic problems. It's going well now, but when the business cycle takes a downturn, which it will, the economic tools the government has to deal with it have been disabled.

What happened to Paul Ryan, deficit hawk? Gone. Proven to be a fraud. What's up with Mitch McConnell? Proven to put partisanship above the nation through first obstruction then denunciation of obstruction when the GOP rammed through all kinds of things without so much as letting anybody read it before a vote. I don't hear the right complaining about that like they did when ACA had a longer fuse and was up for a vote after at least some debate and an attempt to get some of the GOP onboard with it. Pure, brownshirted partisanship is the order of the day, and it's just fine as long as is branded "R". No, I don't have much respect for Trump apologists. I don't care much about his ongoing bimbo eruptions. That's his personal problem. I have a big issue with the long term damage he's doing.

Trade is another one. The US is going to be isolated. There will be trade blocs across the globe that exclude the US. That's already happening with the Chinese and Asia. If you want to strengthen Russia a bit and China a lot, at the expense of the United States, you follow the Trump playbook. It takes information and analysis to figure this out. I suggest that righties look for primary source, non-wingnut filtered information and perform some logical analysis. I have my opinions about a variety of things that don't square with what the righties are always trying to pigeonhole as thought that doesn't toe whatever talking points are spewing out of the right. Nope, I have very little respect for right wing thinking these days, and I have come to that conclusion based on observation, informed analysis, and logic. It would be nice to be proven wrong. Vote for John Kasich in the 2020 GOP primary. I don't agree with a whole lot of his positions, but I do have a lot of respect for him as an American. Trump and his enablers? Nope.

*shrug* It's a free country. If you want to support a guy like Trump and brag about it, that's all fine and good. By definition 50% of the population is below average.
I agree that Trump is a complete mess. I don't think there is any way he will get a second term and honestly am a little surprised that he is still in office now. I think that the GOP will loose a bunch of seats due to Trump and everyone else not willing to do anything about him but its just a guess. Who knows maybe Trump is what we needed to get everyone to stop being so party loyal and vote for good political leaders even if its a different party than you normally vote for or even if it is someone that isn't part of either party. Of course we have to have good ones to vote for but I think they are around. In any case we have no choice but to wait and see for now.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I don't think there are enough moderates in the present GOP to make it a viable party, at least in the short term. The 20 point swing in PA is a textbook case of how moderates and indies abandoned the GOP and Trump (and his kids, and Pence and all the others who came in to tout Saccone). November, at least at this point, looks to me like a return to the center in American politics and a complete repudiation of Drumpf-ism, even though the Democrats have a ton of seats in the Senate to defend. The GOP leadership and the party leadership are simply in denial of the obvious. (Ryan and Drumpf say he campaigned as a Republican. What a load of crap!) Frankly, I think the Dems have a better shot at taking the House then the Senate. But, we'll see.

This young man Coner Lamb who won in PA is a breath of fresh air. He's got all the right stuff. And voters responded.

The more immediate problem is Trump. There's already talk of further lowering taxes (Esp. cap gains). The majority party is raiding the treasury. The party that likes to scream about deficits is blowing up the budget.

Simply stunning.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
The Republicans are a minority party by overall popular vote. They have been for some time. We live in a liberal democracy, which gives minorities rights, unlike other forms of government. The GOP raid on the treasury is what happens when an organized minority with narrow interests use the levers of power to gain power and then take full advantage. It's behavior you would expect in a banana republic, not here so much. But, that's where we are and where we have been headed for some time.

I certainly hope Conor Lamb is a harbinger of the future. He's a moderate in all ways. He has his views, and they aren't straight party line views. Because he's not in lock-step with his party, he will do a far better job of representing his constituents than somebody like Darren Nunes who seems to represent Donald Trump or Koch Industries and associated oligarchs and not a whole lot else. Paul Ryan's representative qualities are even narrower - Koch Industries and associated oligarchs. I'm completely baffled by McConnell. I can't figure out rhyme or reason for his actions. They make no sense from an ideological standpoint, they make no sense from the standpoint of the effect they will have on his constituents, and they don't make a whole lot of sense if you think he's just aiming to line his own pockets. Unless there's something I'm missing completely. There's only short term power grab behavior from him, and even then, it's jumbled. So, I'm hoping there are more Conor Lambs out there to take the places of those we have now. I don't much care what party they identify with so long as they don't put party ahead of country as the current GOP clearly do, and as the current Democrats will learn to do if it gets them the power they want.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
Our new wingnut is just like the old wingnut. No analysis. Attempted glib. Thinks he's informed while displaying ignorance. That's fine. We know this. He's dumb, weak, and poor. Why? Because Trump is a dumb man's idea of a smart man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a poor man's idea of a rich man. So, it's pretty easy to figure out where K5Liter fits.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ah yes,
The deliberate blissful ignorance of the Uber Liberal.
It's amazing that you actually believe the deluded drivel you post.

You think Donald will be a 1 termer, and probably won't last this term?
Ya, I said the same thing about that Kenyan-fuck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our new wingnut is just like the old wingnut. No analysis. Attempted glib. Thinks he's informed while displaying ignorance. That's fine. We know this. He's dumb, weak, and poor. Why? Because Trump is a dumb man's idea of a smart man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a poor man's idea of a rich man. So, it's pretty easy to figure out where K5Liter fits.
Hey Pumpkin,
Quite entertaining. You struck out on all 3.

Stick to your 'global elitist agenda' OK?

41 - 60 of 73 Posts