Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what happened at the time of his passing (April this year) or what was going on in my life, but it somehow passed by me that he died. I remember something of the sort and even talking about it but damn- something made me look him up on wikipedia right now and read up about him dying poor. Aint that a bitch?

Rest in peace, finally. My condolences to the family.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he lived to 93. I think he had a good run.
His age didn't make his run "good". Before he was the pun of so many hollywood elites (never understood that, he probably made an 'anti-semetic' or "homophobic" comment or something), he was a superstar when there were very few stars you could call 'super'. He was probably the greatest star of his era, and if not, I can't think of anyone from his era that would fill his shoes.

He died poor. He lived many years very poor. He had serious family issues. For decades. He had a great run when he was on top, but when the rubber met the road, his family was not his family. That's extremely tragic, and having lived to 93 and to see so much of that come and go, and nothing to remain - for so many years - I think that's a ton worse than any shitting from hollywood establishment that he was getting.

He was a great icon, because growing up I liked movies from his era. Men were men, stories were simple and real - in their hollywood way. there's always two sides to every story but its a damn shame that FAMILY cant just put their bs aside at times and gotta get legal n shit. everyone gets shit stained at the end of that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts