Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I signed up with Verizon & got a new phone (Samsung a670). Now I need ringtones. You guys have good sites you like for downloading?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
why? Doesn't the phone have like 30 ringtones already? Is this a 'mod' that's really important?
I guess maybe I'm showing my age here, but who the hell cares what noise your phone makes when it rings? My phone has like 5 different alerts for every kind of phone call. I use the same ringtone for all of them.
Know what my ringtone sounds like? Like a freaking phone ringing. Go figure.
Not trying to pi$$ in your cheerios, but would someone explain to me how the 50 or so ringtones in every phone is somehow not sufficient, or what exactly the appeal is in ringtones?
If I want to listen to a MIDI renition of classical music or something, I'll find it. If I want to know my phone is ringing, I make it sound like a ringing phone.

·
Registered
912 Posts
yea go to this site linky

·
Registered
389 Posts
I recorded myself yelling "RIIING!" and use that :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TheSollyLama said:
why? Doesn't the phone have like 30 ringtones already?
No, that's part of my annoyance here. It has like 5 bells, and 5 crap ringtones. :(

·
Registered
981 Posts
depends on the type of tone it takes.

my Sony Ericsson T610 can take any form of .mid and set it as a ringtone. tho Tmobile f*cked me and changed my service w/o telling me, i can no longer download the tones i compiled and uploaded to my space, then in turn downloaded to my phone.

·
50cc's of Honda power!
793 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
yeah i have the same phone luda, sweet phone but the ringtones are just GAY. I really dont feel like paying like 5 bucks for a new one that i might not even like using that get it now shit. Unless im misunderstanding how you use it...

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
If you've got a Sprint phone (and some others work too) you can upload your own ringtones and then download them to your phone. Some of my ringtones consist of...

Bernard Hermann - Twisted Nerve (whistle song from Kill Bill, EVERYTIME someone new hears it, they know exactly what its from and can't help but laugh)
Petey Pablo - Freek a Leek
Kanye West - All Falls Down
Clips from Dave Chappelle
Redman - Ride (for my riding crew)
Ciara - Goodies
The three parts on the movie "Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinkin' Your Juice In The Hood" where they say, "Message!" "Message!..." "Messaaaaaaage!"

You can really have fun when it comes to making your own ringtones instead of downloading others. Hell, I could record my own voice as ringtones if I wanted.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Yeah I use clips from dave chappelle also. I have the piss on you song he made, and a bunch of other clips from the show. Also have fabolous - breathe; some clips from some movies also, it's good shit.

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
why? Doesn't the phone have like 30 ringtones already? Is this a 'mod' that's really important?
its not really that important any more than phones with cameras are. its just something fun, like poking fun at political idiots :cool:

i have a ringtones for different people so i know without pulling my phone out or going to get it whether or not i want to talk to them. i even have the tune "Booty Call" for a certain special friend.

p.s.
yes, you are showing your age!! :twofinger

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Doh, I actually meant to post the link for 3GUpload. Me so stupid.

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
TheSollyLama said:
I guess maybe I'm showing my age here, but who the hell cares what noise your phone makes when it rings? My phone has like 5 different alerts for every kind of phone call. I use the same ringtone for all of them.
Know what my ringtone sounds like? Like a freaking phone ringing. Go figure.
Not trying to pi$$ in your cheerios, but would someone explain to me how the 50 or so ringtones in every phone is somehow not sufficient, or what exactly the appeal is in ringtones?
If I want to listen to a MIDI renition of classical music or something, I'll find it. If I want to know my phone is ringing, I make it sound like a ringing phone.
why ask why? cause SHE want's one thats why. someone sell me a rooster so i can chain it to my mailbox and have it wake me up instead of my alarm clock. why? cause i want a damn rooster instead.

thank you for stating your opinion, though solly.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
brentsR6 said:
why ask why? cause he want's one thats why.
SHE likes variety. :twofinger 'sides, I want different tones for different people, so I can tell if it's someone important calling. :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
brentsR6 said:
heh, fixed it :D
Thank you very much. I don't really care, just in one of those "fukk with people" moods, ya know? :lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts