Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys my SV650 has a cracked spoke on the front. What other Suzuki rims intercahnge with this bike. The Sv front rims on ebay are bringing a premium price?

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
i had gixxer 6 wheels on mine. some alterations were needed, but worked perfectly. alterations to the front were very minor.

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
becase i wasnt present for everything, i called the guy that did it for me. it is kinda hard to explain without visiual aid but ill try. especially since he told me everything in hungarian and im not sure how to translate all the terms to english. anyway.

the first hurdle for fitting the front wheel was that the speedo housing on the gixxer rim was longer, so it pushed the wheel too far to the right inside the forks. so the outer face of the housing had to be grinded down. then, when fitting the speedo star into the new rim, it would not reach the outsied of the housing reliably, and would skip. this was remedied by drilling a very small hole in one of the arms of the star, and inserting a piece of metal wire, just so it would reach out far enough. the bearings also had to be replaced, and if i rmember correctly a spacer had to be fabricated. i dont know if all this hassle is worth it for you. the only reason i did it is because after i wrecked the sv i got a good deal on the gixxer rims and my mechanic did it for a very low price.

and a correction, they were gixxer 1100 wheels, not 6, although im sure the 6's will work in the same fashion also. it looked really wicked with the 5.5 180's on the back.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think a Bandit front wheel will fit. After I wreck a bandit, I sold the front wheel to a guy with a sv650. He did all the research and said it would work. I think it was a 2001, my bandit was a 1997. Not sure about the speedo. He was fixing up the sv to make a track only bike, so there was no need for one. I do know that the speedo cables hook up the front wheel on a bandit if that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts