Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am wondering if there are any way to put a wider rim under my 97 Kat to get rid of the 3.5" bicycle rim that is now under the rear. This seams really narrow. I run a 140/80/17 now and currently have the rubber off awaiting a new tire. Before I by another I was wondering can I fit a different rim under it or possibly change to a little wider tire and still be safe. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
whomever put a 180 series tire on your little rim needs to get fired. hopefully you weren't the idot who paid for that tire either. a 3.5 inch rim is too small for that size tire. a 140 should be stock size and enough for that bike.

you might be able to squeeze a 4.5 inch tire into that swingarm. the 88~89 gsxr 750 rim should with so long as you have the right spacers. its a moot point, however. your bike doesn't need a b***** rim. you may think a big tire looks cool but it won't do a thing for that bike.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I agree ^^ I have a 130 on my '89 Ninja and getting a larger than stock rear tire is the least of needed improvements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts