Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Riding With Twinsen Episode 2: Raleigh Le Grange

Ladies and gentlemen. Episode 2 is now available. This is one of our local twisties courses. I believe it's 15-20 miles. Which translates to about 15 minutes of twists. We got extremely lucky and my camera didn't cut out on me the first run and I got to complete the run. But as soon as I came to the end (slowing down to enter a gas station) the camera's memory was full. So no "after twisties banter" between my friend and I.

My friend Moses (had his ZX6R stolen a week after mine) was with me on this run riding one of our friend's '03 GSX-R 1000 (D&D Slip-On and K&N Intake). You don't get to see him that often, but he's not TOO far behind me. This was my 3rd time down Raleigh La Grange. I've done it once on each bike. I don't know why, but I think I enjoyed it more on the ZX9 than I did on the GSX-R 1000. *shrug*

I tried to take video of my friend riding on our way back up, but my camera's battery decided to die before we even left. So I held it in my helmet feeling excruciating pain for absolutely no reason. But I guess that's a lesson learned for future filming. Carry...extra...batteries. :D But anyway...there's not quite as much commentary in this one, but it should be enough. Enjoy! I know I did!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Sigh, I save it then open in Media Player. I can only hear stuff and not see anything, sigh.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's cool. I wouldn't mind having a tank cam, but all you would see is straight roads around here!

Having problems with the gear changes or what? Sounded like a lot of missed shifts and/or false neutrals. My old Kawi used to be a bitch to find neutral, but it shifted well through the gears.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I don't know what the problem is. The shifter refuses to go into gear a lot of times. And sometimes when it does go into gear, there's a delay before it actually engages and grabs. Don't know what's up with that.

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
Twinsen said:
Yeah, I don't know what the problem is. The shifter refuses to go into gear a lot of times. And sometimes when it does go into gear, there's a delay before it actually engages and grabs. Don't know what's up with that.
dude what kind of set up you using? anyway make a tank mount I think that would get you way better footage than what your useing. also if that is a bullit cam try mounting it in diffrent places. I would like to get one to mount looking behind me at times or down on the forks. I like the ideal you can talk into yours.
I made one simmlar to this one http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14993
I think his looks a little better than mine.
here's a low quailty video i done to test it the first day.133mph no problems with it (click) since then I have a better camera. last Sat 1hour long video ended up being 3gigs but great dvd quailty. the pictures have old camera mounted

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice setup. But that doesn't get in the way when you try to tuck? And for those interested, this is the camera I use.

Audiovox DC400

·
Registered
121 Posts
R6JUNKIE said:
here's a low quailty video i done to test it the first day.133mph no problems with it (click) since then I have a better camera. last Sat 1hour long video ended up being 3gigs but great dvd quailty. the pictures have old camera mounted

That is by far my favorite perpective when taking on bike video. Well done. Have any more to post up?

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
Twinsen said:
Nice setup. But that doesn't get in the way when you try to tuck? And for those interested, this is the camera I use.

Audiovox DC400
yeah tucking is a little wierd since my chin is right on the camera. but I dont useally do high speed stuff since i hit mostly the twisties. the other camera is smaller

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
buzzard said:
That is by far my favorite perpective when taking on bike video. Well done. Have any more to post up?
I'll try to get some more webspace to post some up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The major problem with mounting on your helmet is you do not get the feeling of lean that a bike mount camera does. Here is a different perspective from a bullet cam mounted under the front fairing. The first and forth vids are the best.

linky

Bill

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
buzzard said:
try to get this to work this is rockn ron's gsxr1000 he made this video the other night. we use the same camera and take turns filming. ftp://24.158.94.125/ron/ if it ask you for a password use ron same as user name. also if you can tell me what downloadspeeds you get that would be great. its 150 mb.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll try out some new angles and see what I can come up with.

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
Twinsen said:
I'll try out some new angles and see what I can come up with.
great cant wait. I'm doing another clip right now. the one on the ftp is ron's. its good seanery but I dont care for the music to much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts