Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it legal? i remember seeing one somewhere that's quite small and we sure can DIY mount it on the bike and just hook it to the battery. 20-30 meter radius. hehe dont have to worry about cagers on cellphones near us anymore.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
I doubt that it's legal and if it works drivers would become even more distracted wondering what's going on with their calls.

·
Finally got that ticket
744 Posts
Although I guess it would be difficult to find who it was unless you used it for a long time or in the same place over and over again (and probably somewhere that a lot of people would notice, like a big city)... it's definitely not legal and the first thing I found on Google said it's an $11,000 fine and up to 1 year imprisonment.

link: What is a Cell Phone Jammer?

I agree that it would also probably increase your danger due to driver distraction. But a jammer would still be entertaining as hell to mess around with.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I doubt that it's legal and if it works drivers would become even more distracted wondering what's going on with their calls.

That's the first thing that came to mind for me as well. Instead of just talking on their phones, now they will be staring at it and frantically trying to reconnect.

Also, what if the jammer interfered with a 911 call? It would suck if someone died b/c no one could call for help. What if it was a downed rider who needed the help? That would be sadly ironic.

·
Apprentice wheelieist
833 Posts
Yeah you'd be feeling like a pretty serious douchebag if you had a cellphone jammer just to fuck with people and somebody slammed into you while trying to figure out what happened. Then you'd be lying on the ground with a cellphone jammer stopping every 911 call within a 30' radius.

Reactions: drummer92

·
Shut the **** up and ride
5,031 Posts
Yeah you'd be feeling like a pretty serious douchebag if you had a cellphone jammer just to fuck with people and somebody slammed into you while trying to figure out what happened. Then you'd be lying on the ground with a cellphone jammer stopping every 911 call within a 30' radius.
:eek:nfloor:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
No, it's not legal, and yes, it would be incredibly awesome until someone around you NEEDED to use their cell phone.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
:banana:eek:nfloor:boink:lao:bowdown

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
People did without cell phones for a great many years. Someone still managed to call 911 during those times....

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Man, you totally beat me to it.

That's the EXACT same thing that I was thinking.

You'd think it was really great as you lay there bleeding to death while people are standing around trying to use their cell phones to call for help.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
People did without cell phones for a great many years. Someone still managed to call 911 during those times....
There's quite a few places that I ride that if someone slammed into me they'd have to drive for about 15 miles to get to a land line phone.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If you don't like to get raped by the FCC, then I wouldn't suggest it

·
Helping you go faster
355 Posts
Yeah... using a payphone. Seen one of those recently? :lao

All you'd do jamming cell phones would cause everyone in that 30-meter or whatever radius around you to look down & start pushing buttons. I'd think that would be contrary to your safety :D

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
Another issue would be that it would block incoming calls to you. so after a ride you wouldn't even know if you missed a call or who it was from until you listened to your voice mails.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Jammers are illegal for use by civilians on any radio (to include microwave) frequency.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
It would be more fun to have an EMP generator. You'd just need to shield your vehicle's electronics first, though.

Drivers be gone!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Jammers are illegal for use by civilians on any radio (to include microwave) frequency.
They're actually legal to own and use if it only affects your private property. Many churches and some movie theaters now use cell phone jammers.

·
Part 3 begins
3,660 Posts
:cheers:lao:):banana:bowdown

·
Part 3 begins
3,660 Posts
MUST YOU COME WITH THE DORKIEST, MOST ACCURATE, REFERENCE BASED ANSWER ON EVERY POST!!!!!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts