Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent some time in an empty parking lot.... doing low speed weaves, figure eights, turns and u-turns.

The 600f2 is so balanced....low speed runs are very easy.

Does anyone else like doing this once in a while?

:)

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
i'm with you.....

·
Registered
968 Posts
I'm with you. I like the challenge of it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't normally choose to do it, but if I'm stuck behind a car, or don't feel well, taking corners slower allows me to think consciously about what is happening and what I'm doing, and act consciously, instead of operating pretty much exclusively unconsciously. It's a nice sensation, and allows me to practice the basics and look at the scenery.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
lol i dont just circle parking lots much unless im trying to learn somthing new but ya the 600 f2 is an awesome bike it does every thing smooth couldnt ask for a better bike well except the new 600 rr

·
Are we not men?
9,011 Posts
Have to confess, I don't do it as much as I should. It's really good practice.

·
Registered
426 Posts
No, I don't go out into a parking lot to do it, but I end up doing that stuff anyways. Like everytime I go to get out the driveway I have to avoid hitting the other cars. Or I circle around in the drive way and back it up.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it may sound strange to you guys but my f2 is still very new to me...and I haven't ridden in 13 years.

so after my MSF and some rides to and from work, I'm still having fun with this bike and learning it's ins and outs.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I once raced a guy on a Goldwing. Slower person wins and I won on my F3. The deal was whoever makes it up to a van down the street last, without putting a foot down wins. The guy was probably in his 70s or 80s and had a little talk with me about young riders these days only knowing how to stunt and go fast.

I bet the guy didn't believe I could do it but little did he know I recently took the advanced MSF which had a section that focused on slow speed manuevers.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow that's cool lilxboi... that's where I got the idea about slow riding... my MSF teacher said they do the same type of contest.

they say it's not hard to go fast....but it is hard to go slow.

:)

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
I like to challenge myself on how long I can go slow for without putting my foot down while in traffic. I also like to practice my slow speed weaving, side-to-side, loading and unloading the front forks. Emergency braking is a must and I know when my front tire will start to slip under hard breaking. It's a good way to experience the limits without pushing it.

All my 'boredom' exercises do come in handy on the streets.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hams51 said:
I like to challenge myself on how long I can go slow for without putting my foot down while in traffic. I also like to practice my slow speed weaving, side-to-side, loading and unloading the front forks. Emergency braking is a must and I know when my front tire will start to slip under hard breaking. It's a good way to experience the limits without pushing it.

All my 'boredom' exercises do come in handy on the streets.
I am really bad at the balancing when coming to a stop.

I'm trying to get better but it's hard.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I do not do it as much as I want to - but it IS good practice... Reminds you of the agility of the bike and keeps you from being one of those "ride straight as much as possible" riders...

·
Registered
241 Posts
MT Wallet said:
I am really bad at the balancing when coming to a stop.

I'm trying to get better but it's hard.

Try working on the friction zone of the clutch... Hit that sweet spot right and you will stay balanced, specifically at slow speeds.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
:gay :joke I do that every now and then but I have to say I enjoy speed and high speed turns more.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I do enjoy some low speed manuevering from time to time.
Lately, though, the low speed stuff happens in the empty parking lot or newly paved (unpolulated) subdivision where I'm trying to learn wheelies : :grinbounc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts