Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do most of you sit on the seat, are you sitting right up against the tank or back from it? i find the seat sort of forces me to sit pretty much up against the tank. I have read some books that suggest it is better to ride a few inches back from the tank. When I try this I find the seat sort of forces me forward in order to be comfortable

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
My sitting position varies according to how my butt feels. It gets the final say on it. But I do tend to move closer to the tank on those quicker turns, a little further back at highway straightaway speeds and to stretch the back, and I'm on the middle of the seat around town.
I sure wouldn't mind one of those gel seats however.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
When i ride 2 up i move toward the tank. Other than that i have a 34" inseam so i sit way back.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I sit near the front of the seat, near the tank. Keep in mind the positioning of your arms, slightly bent... that in a way governs where you'll end up sitting on the seat.

-Q

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I sit practically on the tank. It's just a very comfortable riding position that also feels confident (could be the front->back weight ratio that my body weight adds). Only time I sit further back is when I am leaning forward and want to keep my weight on the rear as opposed to leaning forward putting the majority of my weight on the front.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I sit more toward the tank during turns and what little twisties we have down here. When cruising or around town, which is most of the time (see twisties comment), I sit more in the middle or rear of the seat. When riding two up, I sit more towards the back... cheap feel I guess. kidding kidding ;) Seriously I sit more towards the back because the suspension is farther down and its comfortable. Plus when I brake with someone on the back and they lean forward on me, unexperienced passengers, I like to give the "boys" a little more room if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I feel in more control to turn/stop against the tank, but I try to move back to the seat contour while on long runs to make it a little easier to get down out of the wind ...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I sit halfway on normal riding. Up close to the tank if it's horrid traffic and I'm looking for openings or whatever is ahead. Toward the rear anytime I'm going moderately fast or if it's windy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like we pretty much all do it the same.

I know I'm stating the obvious but I need more posts :) Glad to be here with you guys.

·
Registered
130 Posts
What kind of books?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
book

it is a book on sportbike riding tequniques, I will post the name tomorrow as it is at home and I do not remember the name. One of the motorcycle magazines had it on their suggested reading list.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Book Name

The book is "Total Control, High Performance Street Riding Techniques" Written by Lee Parks
It is a good book

1 - 12 of 12 Posts