Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where do most of you sit on the seat, are you sitting right up against the tank or back from it? i find the seat sort of forces me to sit pretty much up against the tank. I have read some books that suggest it is better to ride a few inches back from the tank. When I try this I find the seat sort of forces me forward in order to be comfortable

·
V-twin anyone?
2,158 Posts
My sitting position varies according to how my butt feels. It gets the final say on it. But I do tend to move closer to the tank on those quicker turns, a little further back at highway straightaway speeds and to stretch the back, and I'm on the middle of the seat around town.
I sure wouldn't mind one of those gel seats however.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
When i ride 2 up i move toward the tank. Other than that i have a 34" inseam so i sit way back.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I sit near the front of the seat, near the tank. Keep in mind the positioning of your arms, slightly bent... that in a way governs where you'll end up sitting on the seat.

-Q

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I sit practically on the tank. It's just a very comfortable riding position that also feels confident (could be the front->back weight ratio that my body weight adds). Only time I sit further back is when I am leaning forward and want to keep my weight on the rear as opposed to leaning forward putting the majority of my weight on the front.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I sit more toward the tank during turns and what little twisties we have down here. When cruising or around town, which is most of the time (see twisties comment), I sit more in the middle or rear of the seat. When riding two up, I sit more towards the back... cheap feel I guess. kidding kidding ;) Seriously I sit more towards the back because the suspension is farther down and its comfortable. Plus when I brake with someone on the back and they lean forward on me, unexperienced passengers, I like to give the "boys" a little more room if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
130 Posts
What kind of books?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
book

it is a book on sportbike riding tequniques, I will post the name tomorrow as it is at home and I do not remember the name. One of the motorcycle magazines had it on their suggested reading list.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.