Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get some riding pants, but i don't really know what makes a good pair of pants. are the ones that look like jeans just thick jeans? seems kinda dumb. and are the textile ones any good? it seems like they are nylon and that doesn't sounds like much protection. so does that leave leather as the only selection? i would like something that i can wear when i get off the bike too. i have a Teknic Lightnight jacket now, so are there pants that zip on to that jacket? any info would be great, thanks.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I've done MANY days where I've worn my leather riding pants the whole day on group rides and stuff, people might look at me kinda funny, but who cares :lol

I see nothing wrong with wearing full leathers, once you get them broken in they are VERY comfortable, and more protection than any jeans or textile pants offer.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Then again, I'm a big gear Nazi, no one else listens to me, my students or on this site, so why should you? *sigh*

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nothing compares to leather for protection against road rash. If you like some pants that don't fit your jacket, get the zipper modified on the jacket.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Mesh gear is pretty crappy. Other textile gear is okay. It doesn't afford nearly the same protection as leather. It can melt into your skin in a bad enough slide. Leather is more abrasion resistant and tends to fit snugger, both big safety pluses. I wear textile to commute. If your bike is a toy and not a tool I see no reason not to go with leather, other than looking funny, if that matters to you. I'm sure you can email Teknic for the bottom half of that zipper and attach your jacket to any pants you like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts