Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys ride in the rain. I know everybody gets caught in it from time to time but I am talking about setting out to ride while it is raining. I don't have a problem with it but folks tend to look at me like I am completely retarded. Am I the only one that partakes in the wet weather riding?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I've been caught in the rain a couple times and it doens't really bother me a lot. One thing that does bother me about riding in the rain is the visibility of myself for other drivers. In South Florida it downpours like nothing I have seen anywhere I have been to and that coupled with the mist kick-up from other cars reduces visibility down to a few feet at times. I'll turn my hazards on when it becomes that difficult to see but I really don't trust everyone else. The visor gets a little foggy too from the difference in temp.

·
Registered
522 Posts
What is this rain you speak of?

Never really get a chance, 320+ of the 365 days are sunny.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
don't intentionally start in the rain......

·
Registered
489 Posts
My main issue is getting my leathers wet. They would smell awful and I'm fairly certain I'd need to condition them if I got them wet frequently enough. It doesn't really bother me while I'm on the bike though, except it makes me a bit antsy.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hell, most cagers have enough trouble controlling their vehicles when it's sunny and dry. So if the forcast calls for rain or fog, I leave the bike at home... it's a risk management thing for me.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I dont own a car ... just the bike so I dont get a choice ... gotta get to work. Dosent really bother me ... just have to have good wet weather gear.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I don't go out looking to ride in the rain but I won't stop riding if I am out and it starts raining. One of my biggest fears will riding in the rain is hydroplaning.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nostradumbass said:
Hell, most cagers have enough trouble controlling their vehicles when it's sunny and dry. So if the forcast calls for rain or fog, I leave the bike at home... it's a risk management thing for me.
+1 when will people realize following two feet behind any vehicle in the rain is a bad idea much less a poor drenched bastard on a bike.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I commute every single weekday ..... so yes i ride in whatever mother nature throws at me. and i have good enough gear that i can show up at work and my khakis(sp) and nice shirt are dry. Sometimes i have a problem with rain seeping in at the neck area in a complete downpour.

I enjoy riding in the rain. Its fun splashing through the streets..... kinda like being a kid again. :)

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
yaeh i kown waht you maen, ill rdie in the rian any day jsut not at nghit... poelpe look at me lkie if i palned to rdie in the dman rian..

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I love to ride in the rain for some reason. Just slow down and take your time. But when you have 6 to 7 months of snow you tend to ride in what you can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Done it a few times, HATE it. Just not worth the trouble really, if its lookin like rain i rarely will ride and usually take the car.

·
Registered
912 Posts
it never rains here

·
Registered
569 Posts
I never start in the rain... if I'm not already on the bike it's a bit demoralizing. But when I'm already on the bike and I get caught in it I love it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
pretty much going with the crowd here.
Riding in the rain isnt a horrifying experience,though it can be.
If I get caught in it,ride it out or if it gets too bad hide.lol
But never intentionally start in the rain..dont know why you would want to :alky

·
Registered
6 Posts
Riding my VFR in the rain is a lot less exciting then it was on my HD Low Rider (with the automatic-oiling-rear-tire...)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts